1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2008 z71 oil

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by GMACJR, Mar 23, 2010.

1. GMACJR

GMACJR New Member

Hi, I have a 2008 LT3 Z71. The dealer is still getting me a owners book because the lease return that I bought did not have one. I am going to change the oil and I do not know what type or weight to use. Does it have to be syn. oil or just normal oil? what weight? this truck does have active fuel management with a 5.3L. I have a 2006 300c that has a displacement engine and I have to use 5w20 in it. Anything else that you can tell me would be helpful. I am waiting on the owners book because they are on back order....right! I really doubt I will ever see it!
    Thanks!
    G
  2. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

5w30 what ever brand you prefer i use Kendal because thats what we got at work, if your going synthetic go amsoil
  3. GMACJR

GMACJR New Member

Thanks for the quick reply. So this vehicle does not have to have synthetic oil?
    Thanks!
  4. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

www.Goodwrench.com/chevy-owners You can download your manual from here. It's always good to have it in .pdf format. :glasses:
  5. GMACJR

GMACJR New Member

Thank you so much mmorgan1865! I am going to do that right now! Like I said I am not holding my breath on the dealer getting me one.
    Thanks again,
    G