1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2009 Escalade, Noise when turning at low speeds *Video inside*

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by 09Z71, Dec 14, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. 09Z71

09Z71 New Member 100 Posts

Hey all,

I've been inactive for about 2 years now since I converted over to Ford. I'm back to ask for some help on my family's truck, an 09 Escalade. The truck used to be my dad's DD, until he decided he wanted a pickup again and brought the 'Lade to their vacation home in California where it sits for long periods of time. In the past few months this noise has gotten worse. The truck has 37,000 miles on it and is running original brakes and tires.

When I turn sharp-ish at low speeds this noise happens intermittently. Any ideas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s_AEsHXfnU
  2. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

How worn are the tires? Do you feel anything through the steering wheel?
  3. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Hard to know for sure, but it sounds like a power steering pump to me.
  4. 09Z71

09Z71 New Member 100 Posts

Tires have 37,000 miles on them. Nothing awry in the steering feel, though it has a pretty gnarly highway shimmy above 65.

That's what I was thinking. The truck sits for long periods of time, and the garage gets very hot in the summer so there's a good chance that the belts dry up.
  5. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It could be a little belt slippage, or the pump it'self. Changing the power steering fluid might help. I'd try a new belt first