2009 Front Bumper Fog Light Cap

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by cjt28, Aug 7, 2010.

1. cjt28

cjt28 New Member

2. Leverlution

Leverlution Rockstar

If you do NOT have fog lights now, and want an OEM set up you will need:

Two of those caps
    Two fog light housings if they don't come with them
    2 fog light bulbs
    power wire with appropriate connection for inside the fuse box, split into 2 positive wires for both lamps
    run a ground wire
    OEM switch for the dash.
    Have both bumper ends painted at a body shop to your truck color. (Those Ebay caps said "Smooth black, paintable" which means E-Coat and needs paint)

You may also need brackets for the housings.

In case you did not know, GMPartsDirect.com sells an OEM fog light kit that comes with EVERYTHING you will need, included PRE-PAINTED bumper caps, for $222 plus shipping which I believe is $50. That's probably your best bet.

3. cjt28

cjt28 New Member

Thank you sir for all the helpful information. I agree with you. Most likely I will save money by going with GMPartsDirect.

4. Leverlution

Leverlution Rockstar

Yea, No problem. Maybe someone else will chime in with a better option. I researched a good bit, ended up actually deciding on going aftermarket with some old Hella 500FF's I have laying around. Ended up not being able to find anywhere to hook em up without splicing an OEM wire or cutting a firewall gromet. I aint got the $275 for OEM's, so hopefully something comes up or it doesn't snow too much this winter. I love snow too lol.

Anyway, from what I have seen, the GM Parts Direct OEM kit is probably the best option, unless you got the cash for a light bar, some super nice off road lights, and don't mind cutting up a truck you don't own yet.