1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2009 Hummer H2 Review

Discussion in 'Hummer Forum' started by raisor87, Nov 18, 2008.

1. raisor87

raisor87 New Member 100 Posts

Here it is folks the new hummer h2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I'm still not convinced that these SUV's are really all that good off road. About anything with a small wheel base can do this. Heck I've seen the Rhino do more than this.
  3. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It is a nice vehicle, but too big for today's "state of the auto industry". It will be interesting to see if GM can go ahead and sell Hummer. Something needs to happen.
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I've driven one, it's a very impressive vehicle, that's for sure. The problem is the cost of fuel and how much fuel it takes. It's incredible driving, tons of power and all the perks that you could want.
  5. Akula682

Akula682 New Member

i hate the H2, i think GM destroyed the HUMMER name. GM increased the price of the H1 just so they could discontinue it, (not enough profit on a truck that sells less than 1000 units a year). I hope they give it back to AM General so they can start selling them again.

Im just glad that you are useing it the way a 4x4 should be used...:sign0173:

here are some pics of a REAL HUMMER :glasses:, im still pissed at myself for selling it.

Attached Files:

6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

The problem with the H1 cost was that it was designed for something totally different than the H2 was designed for. It really does cost that much money to build one, because of what it is.
  7. Akula682

Akula682 New Member

No. it costs as much as it did because of the; low number of sales, less than 1000 a year on average, the "status" symbol that it is, and that they ended up makeing everyone of them the "highest end possible" truck ever, there was no real "lesser package" option. yeah you could get it without the UCP or the roof rack... but that is a really pitiful "up grade" package. In the end, Greed is why the Hummer cost so much, GM knew that people wanted the status of owning a Hummer, and they knew people would pay for it... so they charged for it.

GM "redesigned" the H1 and jacked the price up beyond what the new design actually cost by a significant amount. GM tacked on $50,000 just for installing a 6.6L D-Max and Allison Tranny, pretty expensive engine/tranny upgrade that is about all they did to it.

You’re right, the H2 is not designed the same as the H1 they are so VASTLY different that they cant even be considered the same kind of vehicle… they do NOT share the same automotive “DNA” as the H1. They took the name that is all. But the H1 is not that complicated of a truck to build, it is just a well built 1 ¼ ton truck.

AM General gave the name to GM with the understanding that GM MUST promote the H1... something that GM had no intention of doing because they knew that they could not sell enough of them. You can see it in their advertising from when they took over the name, you would only see glimpses of the H1, they kept force feeding the inferior H2 (and then the H3) to everyone. GM had brainwashed pretty much the entire public into thinking that the H2 was the "civilian" version of the Military Truck. The news casters made that painfully apparent, (also goes to show how stupid news casters are). As soon as the sales numbers dropped enough to where GM could drop the H1 line… they did.

If AM General were to bring back the "recruit" version of the HUMMER, a bare bones truck, it would cost about the same or less than my 07 2500 DMax, which is not loaded at all.
  8. winsonca

winsonca New Member

H1 and H2 looks good, don't like H3, H3 is too small
  9. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

That is one sweet ride, wish i could afford one:)
  10. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Always wanted to get an H1 but that 100,000 dollar price tag kind of killed it. I work at a rich private school and the sad thing is one of the highschoolers drives an H1 to school every day.