1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2009 Hummer H3T Review

Discussion in 'Hummer Forum' started by ChevyFan, Aug 29, 2008.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I've been invited to go drive the new 2009 Hummer H3T pickup truck next week. Should be good times, just have to make certain I clear my schedule as they've only got a 2 hour window for me to try to make.

GM said they have an on-road and an off-road course to run through. I've got my own local place to go, and I can jump it there. Wonder what the GM folks would say if I tried to catch some air? lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Should be fun! Got to be some "perks" to all the work you put in on the site!
  3. ChevyFan

Wow, it was a blast, did a full obstacle course to put it through it's paces.

That included an extreme off-road course:

• Locking differential test on rollers
    • climbing a 60 grade slope
    • Running mogals
    • passing a 40% left-to-right tilt
    • testing the vertical stop-assist
    • getting dirty! ;-)
    I'll post more on it later, good times!
  4. ChevyFan

Full writeup to come later this week.
  5. zach45

zach45 Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

did you get alot of pictures??
  6. ChevyFan

GM took a lot of photos, I'll post them up in a seperate photo gallery.
  7. zach45

zach45 Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

looking foward to it.
  8. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That's awesome Steve!
  9. ChevyFan

The photos are posted here: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/album.php?albumid=195

Bascially, it was a ride-through of a course they built in the outside of Texas Motor Speedway, north of Fort Worth, Texas. There was a group of journalists that each got to drive the course with a Hummer product guy riding through with us, overall it was pretty cool to have a bunch of obstactles designed to show some of the features of the H3T ... all presented in immediate succession.

Still, would have been better to have been given the keys and allowed to drive up to the mountains ... maybe to New Mexico. ;-)