1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2009 Lift Help

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by tcspivey, Jul 11, 2011.

1. tcspivey

tcspivey New Member

I recently got a 2009 Silverado z71, I am looking at putting a lift on it but I'm not too sure what kind to get. Im thinking about a 3-5 inch suspension lift, any suggestions? If known please incude tire size.
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club. Go with a 6" lift with 35's. If you go lower you will wish you had gone taller, most people do. BDS, Rancho and Skyjacker all make good quality and engineered kits. If you do decide on a 3" suspension lift then I'd go with the Skyjacker 3" kit. Its easy to install because you don't have to drop the front differential. You can run a narrow 33" tire with this kit.
  3. Blackout07

Blackout07 New Member

6" suspension or 3" body +2" leveling kit. I personally wouldn't spend that much on a 3" suspension.
  4. silveradotrailblazer

It depends if your building a "Mall" crusier or if you plan on using the truck off-road. Levelimg kits DO limit suspension travel.
  5. blacksilverado14

blacksilverado14 New Member

I have an 08 silverado, i put on a rough country 3.5 inch lift, came with spacers and new upper A arms up front, small blocks and new shocks/ubolts for the rear. I put on 33 inch tires with little rubbing(only when turning sharp with uneven suspension). it was like 370 bucks, and i did it in my garage in a day, get an alignment and it rides very nice.
  6. ajarman

ajarman New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Just got the Rancho 4" with the 9k adjustable shocks and it is amazing! If you are thiniking 3-5" you really need to check Rancho out.
  7. silveradotrailblazer

Alston, you need new pictures of you truck with the new lift.:great:
  8. ajarman

ajarman New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have taken them, just need to get the wife to upload them. We got a Mac and it is way smarter than me!

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Here is a pic of the Rancho kit.

[​IMG][​IMG]
  9. tcspivey

tcspivey New Member

Thanks for all the advice, I about set on the 4 inch rancho lift. Thinking about 35 inch toyo mts right now but cant decide whether to keep stock wheels or or possible the kmc xd spy wheels
  10. silveradotrailblazer

You'll be happy with the Rancho kit. It is closer to 6" of lift.