2009 Red Z71 Silverado time line

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Rocketmanh5, May 23, 2013.

1. Rocketmanh5

Rocketmanh5 Rockstar 100 Posts

Yea I printed out the whole "book" ha. I always kept a copy of it with me in the truck just in case I needed it or if someone else needed it. Mostly needed it because no one could under stand me saying Magnuson Moss Act....all the heard was "maggets ball sak".....people these days..And my dealer has been more than fair to me about everything. Only thing they said "No" to was the carrier in the rear end when I went to swap gears. The spider gears were pitted and starting to bust. They said it was not common and was due to it being ragged out.. But I can promise it hasn't been. I've spoke with a few people that pull quite frequently as I do and they all have had to get better carriers.

- - - Updated - - -

Update on the new motor and all. Just rolled over 58k on the odo and have checked the oil every three days since new to keep track of everything. As of now no consumption has occurred, although last time it started at 38k or so. Swapped gears to 4.10s with locker since the stock carriers are apparently junk if you pull frequently. Spider gears were pitted and breaking. Talked to quite a few people they also had this issue with their trucks they pulled with. When the motor broke-in I decided to have it tuned, and to get the spedo back to stock as close as possible. Mad Tunes Racing did the tune, after the tune I am averaging 18 mpg highway and 15 town. If the road is flat and traffic is flowing nice no slowing or speeding up, I can get 19 if not using cruise control. This is also with 50 psi in the tires, no load, full tank of 93, and no wind. But everything is a variable on the road. Over all I'm please with the new motor and the whole set up!

2. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

super awesome truck you have there rocketmanh, great job. That red really pops.

3. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

badass looking rig bud!

You may be the most indecisive person I've ever met when it comes to wheel selections:rofl: but hey, the end result looks great and I can more than understand "needing a change"! It seems like once a month I'm looking for SOMETHING to do to Truck Norris to change his appearance or how he runs.

4. Rocketmanh5

Thank ya very much!

- - - Updated - - -

Well to make things better I have some BMF Novakanes on order :party: already ready to make changes! I'm in the same boat as you are, I have to do small steps each month so I don't do tons of things two or three times. I usually run out of things to do, then do them different again. It's an addiction I can't control!!!

5. 11redz71

11redz71 New Member

Very nice looking truck!!! It's also the right color!

6. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

She's a beauty! Nice job man! I just did a timeline not too long ago of my silverado. We are in a very similar boat it sounds like…My truck was given to me when I was in high school as well. You put it perfectly…"spoiled? No. Thankful? YES".

I've worked at my dad's dealership since I was 13 and though they provided me with the truck I've worked very hard over the years to piece together all of the mods and get it looking the way I like.

Keep up the great work man - and awesome ride!

7. Rocketmanh5

Thank you very much and yes indeed!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks very much. And yea I had one chance on a vehicle. I wasn't like most at my school who got a new one each year after they destroyed it ha. I even had special parking by my principal so it didn't get destroyed lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Just an update of Silvia and what she looks like now. Sold the 18s and 35s and bought a set of 35-12.50-20 Trail Graps again and I'm sticking with them this time until they need replacing....or so I say. Anyway here she is on 20x9 Drop Stars with the goofy monster logo since they were swapping to new cap styles when I ordered these and had to settle.... waiting to get that crap off of them asap. Will be getting some more bayou shots this weekend hopefully weather permitting... Snagged a few pics at work for preview. :party:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. 2011laserblue

Looks good man! Like the cleared headlights -- I want to do it to mine. From what I understand you have to literally cut the light open? Scares the hell out of me. Is it as bad as it seems? Everything flows really well. Will look a lot better without the monster caps lol.

9. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Dont cut the lights open!!! you can put them in the oven for about 10 minutes at 230degrees and pull the lense off. Ive done this and it works.. then get some thin butyle tape to put them back together. Ive explained some of this in my NNBS headlight mod thread.

Yes the cleared headlights definitely are nicer.. Are you going to use swichback led signals or just an amber bulb?

10. 2011laserblue

Thanks Phantom, I'll check out your thread.

I've read that the oven baking isn't very effective?? I'll definitely go with the swichback signals. The whole point of clearing the headlights is to make them clear. At least IMO :glasses: