1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2009 Sierra 5.3 SLE 6 speed 4 wheel drive - Looking for exhaust recommendations

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by NIEMANN, Sep 10, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. NIEMANN

NIEMANN New Member

Cool site, dig what I've seen so far. I'm looking at changing out my stock exhaust and adding an intake at the same time....I'm sure there's 50K posts on this topic, however, here I am.......any recommendations so that I don't do what seems to happen too often and that's trial and error....this is my first truck and exhaust/intake go around.....so, be gentle......thanks for any and all input.
  2. Goldie

Goldie New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the site! You'll find al the information you need. As suggestion I would look aroung on the site and psot your inquiry at the proper forum. This way you will get more responses...and don't worry you will be treated as a gentleman. Good Luck!
  3. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member 100 Posts

Welcome to GMTC!
  4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome, as stated post a new thread on the intake and exhaust in that section and more replies will come for it. As to your question kinda depends on what you are looking for. I have magnaflow system. 2 3" pipes to a 2 in 1 out muffler and a 4" on the exit. Banks is expensive but have full systems (header, exhaust programmer etc), and are a quality company.
  5. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!

I moved your thread to the correct section of the Forum and edited your title slightly to more match your topic, as this will get you more opinions/responses. Since your thread is now moved, please do NOT start a new thread with regarding this same topic. Thanks!!!
  6. dobey

dobey Member 100 Posts

Unless you're installing a supercharger or turbocharger, don't waste your money on a $300 cold air intake. It's mostly a waste of money. Spend half as much and get the Airaid Jr., or spend less and just get the Airiad MIT for your truck. The stock intake tube is big and complicated, while the Airaid tube is pretty straightforward and smooth, to improve the air flow. Changing of the intake tube between the air box and the throttle body is the biggest improvement you're going to see from any cold air intake setup, as you won't be moving enough air on a stock engine to see any other benefit. You can get a washable filter that fits in the stock location, but the main benefit there is simply being able to wash the filter instead of replacing it.

As for exhaust, you probably also won't see any real gains there either, but will mostly only get a louder exhaust note, especially if you're only doing cat-back. Banks makes a nice system with their Monster exhaust though. And their short tube Torquer headers work pretty well, too. If you want to save money and just get the louder note, you can just install a different muffler, and/or cut out the factory resonator just before the tip, and replace it with a piece of straight exhaust pipe, and a shiny exhaust tip.
  7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

airaid modular intake tube, or a airaid jr. kit. flowmaster regular 40, chop the stock muffler out and get it welded in. cna get all that done for 250 or so.

Alex