1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2009 Silverado 2500HD Head Unit-Nav questions

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Padre, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Padre

Padre Rockstar

Hi all, have been away a while because a ladder I was working on fell out from under me and I shattered both legs. It has been a long haul, but I'm finally back to about 75% and got the word from the Doc today that I can start walking! Yahoo.

I am getting an '09 Silverado, 2500HD LT/LT1 package. It has the normal stereo/cd player in it, and I am interested in replacing it with a double din unit with navigation. I see some stock GM units advertised on Ebay, but I also like the new Pioneers/Premiums that have just come out.

The new truck has: XM, Bluetooth, Non-Bose, Onstar. How difficult would it be to:

1. Put in the factory unit?
    2. Install the Pioneer AVIC1100-BT, can be found here

It feels good to be back!! And thanks GMTRUCKCLUB for the birthday wishes.:party:
  2. lancer

lancer Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

not real sure about the radio question but glad to hear about the healing and getting to walk :great::great:
  3. Padre

Padre Rockstar

Thanks Lancer, it's been a long haul.
  4. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  5. ericrom

ericrom New Member

I have a 08 2500 hd and i had an Eclipse nav unit installed with blue tooth and the wirining harness so that the onstar works through the head unit. The nav system is connected to 2 headrest for the kids in the rear. It looks great and got a great deal from crutchfield.
  6. Padre

Padre Rockstar

Which one did you get? Any pics? :happy:
  7. ericrom

ericrom New Member

AVN-6620
    [​IMG]
  8. Padre

Padre Rockstar

Wow, nice setup!! How did you run all the wires to the head rests?
  9. ericrom

ericrom New Member

Padre,
    Those are aftermarket headrest and there is one cable the runs down one of the posts in the headrest and then the cable run down the inside of the seats to a connector to the headunit. Everything was installed at a local car audio shop.
    Eric
  10. stefman722

stefman722 New Member

Awesome! which wiring harness did you go with to keep Onstar working? Metra or PAC