1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2009 silverado 6"BDS lift and leveling kit ?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Baddogg649, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Baddogg649

Baddogg649 New Member

Hey everyone, new here. Very quick question I have a 2009 silverado with a 6"
    BDS lift kit. I'm looking for a little more of a suspension lift to clear a little bigger tire and I'm not to partial on body lifts. So my question is, can I put a 2" or maybe 3"
    Strut spacer on top of my lift? For the rear I will just put a 2" lift shackle and maybe an add-a-leaf if necessary. Any input would be great. I have searched for answers but the only thing that has turned up is 2wd trucks and since mine is a 4x4 I'm sure the answers will be different.
  2. Stacking a leveling kit on top of a lift will create really bad CV angles. You will also be going through ball joints and possibly other parts. So I would advise not to. Either new lift or body lift is the best way to go.
  3. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts

BDS 6" lift is their 4" with longer struts up front IIRC so you are already streching it. Bigger lift or BL is your only options at this point. What size tires are you trying to fit?
  4. Baddogg649

Baddogg649 New Member

Thanks for the replys fellas, I'm glad I didn't order the leveling kit , I am trying to fit a set of 37x12.50R20. I'm currently running a set of 285/75R18 on my stock 18" rims. It looks good but I just want it a little bigger. It's a RCSB btw.
  5. You'll definitely need a bigger lift if you are looking at 37's. What wheels are you looking at? I have seen a 7.5" lift and 3" body lift and that doesn't rub on 37's.
  6. Baddogg649

Baddogg649 New Member

I'm looking at getting 20x10 fuel throttles -24
  7. ajarman

With those wheels you will be doing good to fit 33x12.50's on your 6" kit. 37's are massive for these square wheel wells GM gave us and when you start talking about x10's they get really small really fast.
  8. That is a pretty good offset and will stick out pretty far. So even with a 7.5" lift and 3" body I believe you'll be doing trimming.
  9. Baddogg649

Baddogg649 New Member

Thanks so much for the input guys, I really appreciate it. I guess ill have to rethink my options here, I'm glad I didn't jump the gun. Another question, if I do I lift strut/coil over on the front would I be in the same boat as if I tried strut spacers?
  10. ajarman

I believe so...only because you are only dropping the LCA's 4.5" regardless. Another thing to think about is 37's is a lot for 1/2 ton rear end and you would have to gear the hell out of it to have any umphf!