1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2009 silverado burning oil- anybody been there done that?

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by 383man, Jan 29, 2013.

1. 383man

383man New Member

So my 2009 Silvy 1500 LTZ is burning oil, seems like a quart every 5 hundred miles, maybe more, haven't got it down to a science yet, so I took it into the GM dealership yesterday, and they say they have to check level every 500 miles, for 6 TO 8 TIMES! which is roughly 4000 miles if it goes to the 8 times. the truck has about 57,000 on it right now. He asked me if I have all of my oil change records, I don't since I change my own oil, probably should keep receipts but hey...i didn't. so I guess the question is, if it is determined that there is a problem (which I'm sure they will) can they screw me out of the warranty covering it since I don't have records of oil changes? I paid for the extended 100k all around warranty when I got the truck so I wouldn't have to come out of the pocket on things like this, so I sure hope they'll cover it...
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

It's permissable to do your own oil changes so they cant deny warranty on that basis.
    Did ya use an ATM card or credit card to purchase the oil and fitlers with? Theres your reciepts if you did. Might have to look at bank statements, go on line to your account, or ask your bank for printouts of the purchase but that should suffice if you need reciepts.
  3. 383man

383man New Member

Ya, I always pay with my debit card, If it comes to it I may have to scour the records for it, hope it doesn't come to that though.