1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2009 Silverado EBC GreenStuff Brake Pad Upgrade Questions

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Tungsten23, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Tungsten23

Tungsten23 Member

Hey guys, it's been a while since I have posted anything, it's been a busy semester and quite a few little things are happening to the truck. I recently purchased a Rough Country Leveling Kit that will be soon put on. Anyways, my question is, has anyone changed their front pads from stock/OEM to "better" brake pads such as EBC? If so, do I need any additional hardware? http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/61A3070A0A0.aspx it says "custom fit" for your vehicle but does not mention needing any new brackets, I already ordered and received these brakes and will be turning the STOCK rotors and using these new pads.
  2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I doubt any modification would be needed. Should just be fit for make and model which is why it states custom fit
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I agree. You should be good to go. Most quality pad sets come with new hardware anyway (the metal pieces that clip on the mounting bracket in which the pad ears slide on)
  4. Tungsten23

Tungsten23 Member

The reason why I'm hesitant is that, on the box it says "British Made Quality Brakes" I don't think there are very many NBS Silverados driving around the United Kingdom. The box had 4 pads for the front and some slide rail lube, NO brackets. This weekend hopefully I will have time to pull out the old set and compare. If anyone else has upgraded to EBC brakes on their trucks, any input would be helpful. Thank you dsfloyd and Pikey for responding!
  5. zuki82

zuki82 Member 100 Posts

If its not made by Lucus, you should be alright! :)
  6. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Ha, I may be one of the few to get this (I have a 1960 Land Rover)

- - - Updated - - -

I have always heard good things about EBC
  7. zuki82

zuki82 Member 100 Posts

Yeah, I have a 65 BSA chopper! As for the EBC pads, let us know, I need some new pads on my truck soon!
  8. Tungsten23

Tungsten23 Member

These new pads are MUCH better than stock, they will bite down hard when you are doing a panic brake on the highway, they were an easy install, just used the old brake brackets, the lube was high quality (it came with the brake pad set). You guys should try EBC GreenStuff Brakes, I like them, so far haven't noticed brake dust problems.