2009 silverado ext cab sub-box?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Gryphin, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Gryphin

Gryphin New Member

Anyone put a box in their 09 yet? I looked under my rear seats and it doesnt look like there is much room for anything... esp the way the room is under there.

I looked into the JL audio stealth box anyone have this setup?

2. Eclipse

Eclipse Member

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  3. coachg08

coachg08 New Member

This is exactly what im looking for! Eclipse -- are you running the stock head unit?? How do you like the infinity 6.5 components?? Did you install yourself?? Thanks

4. redkaz04

redkaz04 New Member

looks like a good box. I think one good 10" and a mono amp would work good.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  5. jyd7469

jyd7469 New Member

I have a 07 GMC Sierra 2500 HD and just put the stealthbox containing 2 10W3's in saturday. I used a JL HD750/1 amp with the 4 gauge JL amp kit, and I used the JL remote which gives like 7.5 volts to give the amp a better signal since I kept the factory HU. I had very high expectations so maybe it's just me but I am NOT pleased with the results, it sounds good don't get me wrong but, the system cost me nearly $2000, and I know I have put together systems in the past for alot less money that sounded just as good. Like I said, maybe I have unreal expectations but I let a good friend listen to it and he had the same question, which is "is this really what a $2000 system should sound like?". I actually installed his system in a 2004 Dodge cc and he had around $500 total in it and it nearly sounded the same. Granted the JL system is cleaner sounding and hits a little harder but I was expecting there to be a significant difference. Let me know if this helps or if you find out anything else, if the company doesnt take the stealthbox back then I may have one for sale. I was thinking of building a custo box to house 2 8w7's but I think I am going in another direction away from JL.

6. SQSilverado

SQSilverado New Member

I also think that proboxrocks.com may have bowex for your body style. I'm going with subthump because i want the box under my back seat.

7. Henchman

Henchman Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Sub Box

http://www.subthump.com/silverado.htm

This site has all the gear you will need for a sub box. They specialy make boxes for Silverados. I haven't gotten mine yet, but this is where I plan to get mine. GOOD LUCK!