1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2009 Silverado Leveling Kit

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by 09chevyman, Feb 25, 2014.

1. 09chevyman

09chevyman New Member

Hey guys Ryan here from Harrisburg Pa, looking at purchasing a ReadyLift 2.5" front leveling kit along with the 2" rear blocks for my truck as soon as I get my income tax return...just wondering if anyone has done this while keeping stock wheels and tires because i don't have the $$ to get bigger wheels/tires right now, anyone with info or pictures of how their truck looks with this leveling kit and stock wheels/tires would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks guys!! Really looking forward to doing this modification to my truck!!!!

Ryan Harrisburg Pa
    2009 Chevy Silverado crew cab 1500 LT

2. Rocketmanh5

Rocketmanh5 Rockstar 100 Posts

Yours will be about how level and high mine sat with the prototype kit I had. It was roughly over 2 inches in the front and none in the back. [​IMG]
    It's at an odd angle and doesn't look level but its perfectly measured even across the body lines. Biggest tire I would suggest without any trimming is a 285-65-18 (32.5) and if you don't mind drilling two holes in your front inner fender and using black zip ties to tie it back some a 33-12.50-(18,20,22) would work. The rear part of the fender will need to be cut down flush with the metal fender under the door.

3. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

I have the same setup in mine (in a 2500HD)... the only difference would be that I also have the readylift UCA kit.

4. 09chevyman

09chevyman New Member

Ah ok awesome, thanks Rocketmanh5 I appreciate it! Yea I'm not a fan of the factory stance they put on Chevys, makes them look weird if you ask me haha! But ok cool I'm leaning toward the readylift 2.5" with the 2" rear blocks over the rough country 2.5" kit....been reading a lot of reviews on both. With the ready lift being a little more favored. I just priced out a set of 4 cooper discovery at3's sized 285-65-18 so that would be perfect then without any extra trimming...might have to go with a 33-12.50 though just because :lol:Gotta do it right haha!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok cool thanks TimTom64b I appreciate it! Your truck is sweet haha
    I miss my 2500 some days but the fuel mileage I get now in my 1500 is worth it to me

5. TimTom64b

If you go with the 33x12.5's... watch your rim offset. I purposely went with the 285's as I wanted a deeper dish rim.

6. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I have the readylift 2.5" level kit on mine, no rear blocks and running 33/12.50/18! Check my garage, you'll love the stance.

7. TimTom64b

What's currently on my truck is the zero offset... puts the 285's out about 1.5" past the fenders. Hence the fender flares. With 285's you can run 4.5 to 5" offset without problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Meant to say 4.5 to 5.0 back spacing... not off set. Back spacing is the measure from the inside lif of the rim which when mounted would be toward your inner fender. Factory offset for a 2500 is +20 offset or ~5.75 back spacing. A zero offset is a 5.0 backspacing. If you plan on running factory equivalent offset you should have no problem with the 33x12.5.