1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2009 silverado mild suspension lowering

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by clfmill, Jan 5, 2010.

1. clfmill

clfmill New Member

Hey all.
    I own a new 09 silverado 2wd extended cab and would like to lower it 2" to 4". I want to keep the factory ride. I had a 2000 model prior to this and liked the way it sat. Just wondered if anyone has lowered their 2009 silverado 2" to 4" . How did it turn out and how hard is it. What parts are needed and did you use a kit? Sure would appreciate any help.
  2. chad202

chad202 New Member

I just lowered mine 2-3 and it looks good. I know it could be lowered more but am happy with the results.
  3. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Can we some pictures?
  4. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

pics and cost would help a lot i wanna do this to my truck also
  5. chad202

chad202 New Member

I'll wok on the pics. The cost was vey little. I used the belltech drop shackles and removed the 1" block, added the included spacers for the ubolts. The front, I used the belltech adjustable struts. I ordered the entire kit for 275.00 shipped to my door. It was very easy to do. I did need an front end allignment after so that added another 65.00 to the cost. Fixin to install new wheels and maybe tires. I don't like the factory 20s so if anyone is looking, mine are for sale.