1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2009 Silverado: New Owner has a few questions

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by WhiteRabbit, Oct 27, 2009.

1. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit New Member

I have been reading my manual but a few things don't seem to be covered that I thought I could ask you folks and see if you might know the answers..

1. I have the auto climate AC and it always defaults to outside air.. I have to press the recirc button. is there anyway to set that up so that it's on Recirc by default?

2. I was considering replacing the headlights with DRL's. however the Daytime Running lights might get in my way. is there a way to permanently disable that?

3. My owners Manual states from the picture that my Audio system has the 6 disc changer but I don't see a LOAD Button.

Thanks!
  2. DarkCherry

DarkCherry Rockstar

do you have a dvd player in the truck? If you do, you do not have a disc changer, just the single dvd/cd/mp3 player.
  3. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit New Member

No, I do not have the DVD Player. The manual is a bit confusing. It shows a picture of what my headunit looks like and below it identifies it as a 6disc Headunit. Then later mentions something about using the Load button which I do not have and also that if I have a Clock button that I can set the date and time using that, however if I have the 6 disc player I have to use the Menu button.

well I have both a menu button and a Clock button. I don't have a Load button is all.