2009 Silverado: New Owner has a few questions

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by WhiteRabbit, Oct 27, 2009.

Newest Photos

1. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit New Member

I have been reading my manual but a few things don't seem to be covered that I thought I could ask you folks and see if you might know the answers..

1. I have the auto climate AC and it always defaults to outside air.. I have to press the recirc button. is there anyway to set that up so that it's on Recirc by default?

2. I was considering replacing the headlights with DRL's. however the Daytime Running lights might get in my way. is there a way to permanently disable that?

3. My owners Manual states from the picture that my Audio system has the 6 disc changer but I don't see a LOAD Button.

Thanks!
  2. DarkCherry

DarkCherry New Member

do you have a dvd player in the truck? If you do, you do not have a disc changer, just the single dvd/cd/mp3 player.
  3. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit New Member

No, I do not have the DVD Player. The manual is a bit confusing. It shows a picture of what my headunit looks like and below it identifies it as a 6disc Headunit. Then later mentions something about using the Load button which I do not have and also that if I have a Clock button that I can set the date and time using that, however if I have the 6 disc player I have to use the Menu button.

well I have both a menu button and a Clock button. I don't have a Load button is all.