2009 Silverado VCIM

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by GKohler79, Jul 15, 2010.

1. GKohler79

GKohler79 New Member

I was hoping somebody might be able to help me out. I've got an 09 Silverado Extended cab. The truck did not come with the interior convenience package, so I don't have bluetooth, steering wheel audio controls, or auto climate controls. The truck did come with the Bose stereo in it.

Yesterday I installed the factory navigation system. I also purchased a VSS harness which I tapped into the VSS wire successfully (I think). However, the VSS hardness was also packaged with a plug for the VCIM module. The problem is, I am completely unable to locate the VCIM in my truck. Can anybody give me some guidance as to where this might be located? I would really like to use the voice commands ability!

2. bowhunterWI

bowhunterWI New Member

Hey man I'm sorry I don't have the answer to your question but where did you buy your navigation unit from and how much did you pay? I'm looking at like $2300 from gmpartsclub.

3. GKohler79

GKohler79 New Member

I bought it off of eBay. There was a guy who had a bunch of them brand new that he was selling them for $999, and I offered him $799 for one and he took the offer. Unfortunately it didn't come with an installation guide, VSS harness, or the navigation CD. I purchased all those items separately except for the install guide. There is enough documentation in forums and on the web that you don't really need the install guide. I eventually found the VCIM module.

4. bowhunterWI

bowhunterWI New Member

Thanks man.