1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2009 Silverado VCIM

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by GKohler79, Jul 15, 2010.

1. GKohler79

GKohler79 New Member

I was hoping somebody might be able to help me out. I've got an 09 Silverado Extended cab. The truck did not come with the interior convenience package, so I don't have bluetooth, steering wheel audio controls, or auto climate controls. The truck did come with the Bose stereo in it.

Yesterday I installed the factory navigation system. I also purchased a VSS harness which I tapped into the VSS wire successfully (I think). However, the VSS hardness was also packaged with a plug for the VCIM module. The problem is, I am completely unable to locate the VCIM in my truck. Can anybody give me some guidance as to where this might be located? I would really like to use the voice commands ability!
  2. bowhunterWI

bowhunterWI New Member

Hey man I'm sorry I don't have the answer to your question but where did you buy your navigation unit from and how much did you pay? I'm looking at like $2300 from gmpartsclub.
  3. GKohler79

GKohler79 New Member

I bought it off of eBay. There was a guy who had a bunch of them brand new that he was selling them for $999, and I offered him $799 for one and he took the offer. Unfortunately it didn't come with an installation guide, VSS harness, or the navigation CD. I purchased all those items separately except for the install guide. There is enough documentation in forums and on the web that you don't really need the install guide. I eventually found the VCIM module.
  4. bowhunterWI

bowhunterWI New Member

Thanks man.