2009 V8 Colorado/Canyon

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by aircraftcontractor, Jul 31, 2008.

1. aircraftcontractor

aircraftcontractor New Member

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Sounds great, doesn't it? I sure would like to see what the gas mileage could be with the V8. If my '04 gets as good as it does, the lighter Colorado should really do well. Only time will tell!

3. crane3447

crane3447 Rockstar 100 Posts

That thing would be great fun!! The only problem would be having to shell out for new rubber at the end of every summer!

4. 08_radoLT

08_radoLT New Member

One just arrived at the dealership I work at. they get about 15, 18 gas mileage. It looks amazing the motor barely fits in the engine bay!

5. retlow8

retlow8 New Member

yup its true. i just got on a local dealer website to build a new Collie and there was the 5.3 option. Now I can find all the parts for the LS3 swap through GM.

6. zippy

zippy Rockstar 100 Posts

Do you want a 5.3 with that?

It's a done deal!
    Check out 2009 Colorado or 2009 Canyon for particulars and prices.

A 300HP Colorado/Canyon, can you spell S-W-E-E-T ?

7. Gregsyellorado

Gregsyellorado Rockstar

Drove one of these Saturday, let me just say this, It is a rocket, the accelaration is awesome, with a little performance work, it would be really fast. i can't wait to see what the aftermatket does with this, hopefully the Colorado/Canyon will finally get the recognition it has been missing, my only wish is GM should have done this from the beginning and why don't they offer this in a reg cab with a manual trans option.

8. djlndc

djlndc New Member

Any updates to this thread? Anyone had a chance to buy one yet?

Thanks

9. fireman9027

fireman9027 New Member

I just got my Canyon V8 last night, it was raining all day so I had to take it easy. On the way home I stopped in a vacant parking lot and LIT THEM UP!!!!! This thing is gonna be a ball to drive!!!

Today I was able to get on it in good weather and it really does haul a$$! I had an Colorado with the 3.5 and this is a whole different animal!!

GREAT JOB GM!! Thanks for making my truck!

Black Crew Cab 4X4 LT

10. 5point3

5point3 Rockstar 100 Posts

Any new updates from you guys that purchased one? I am curious to hear how they are.