1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2009 Weekend Projects

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Jan 9, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I thought we might want to start a new thread for your weekend projects in 2009!

This weekend I'll be doing a lot of stuff around the house, maybe put up some shelves, cleaning stuff out, etc. I have to get inspections done on both of my vehichles, will do that tomorrow.
  2. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Granddaughter's birthday tomorrow and then she gets to come over to spend the night. (these are the times that we do the candy IV) Other than that the usual 100 things that have to get done. But nothing major.
  3. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I need to replace the Fashia bords all the way around the house, along with some other exterior panting.
    Need to power wash the sidewalk and driveway, along with the deck.
    Paint the garage door, get it organized. And organize the storage unit.:great:
  4. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

My first project is to replace three bathroom counter tops, sinks and faucets followed by a shower remode or twol. Next is kitchen counter tops and new cabinets. Lastly retexture every wall and ceiling in ths jont. My new year is looking great. Oh yeah I forgot to mention that I also have to acid wash the garage floor.
  5. MD4x4 Fireman

MD4x4 Fireman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

This weekend I plan on organizing the stuff in my truck.
  6. JMoney02

JMoney02 New Member 100 Posts

Weekends: Sunday only since I work Friday and Saturday. Go to Michele's(my wifes friend) and put up the RubberMaid Strips for the untility hangers for her lawn equipment, I do work on her house and cars for free, single mother who has a lame ex-husband. I have been staining the chairs I(we) bought 1 yr ago, so I will truck on with those, two are stained, need Clearethene, then the other two will get done.
    But next week is my 50Th Bday and I am off to Daytona for a week of riding, beaching and spending money........then it's back to my cash money side work, its never ending...........(plus my reg. job)!
    Jeff
  7. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Got a couple car projects to finish.
    Daughters cooling fan in her Gramd Am wont kick on untill 260deg.
    I sold my 50 Merc so she needs a detailing before delivery on Monday.
    And I finally got the interior pieces for my 49 Merc so I can put it back together.
    The bike looks awfully dusty and in need of a bath but that might have to wait for another weekend.
  8. ibmoses

ibmoses New Member 100 Posts

Spent most of the morning trying to figure out why the driveway alarm(buzzer) that I replaced does not have enough range to report back to the base unit...

Just now I spent about an hour with a hoe, while wearing rubber knee boots clearing a stream that turned into a creek during the flooding this week. Using the hoe to clear debris...

Bert:eek:ut:
  9. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I cheatd on one of my projects already. Instead or new texture throughout the house I ready patched, spray textured, Killzed, and re painted everything toay. Not too bad. And a heck of a lot les time.
  10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I ended up getting some 7/16" OSB 4x8 sheets, cut them down to 2'x4' pieces and screwed them down to my attic floor in the garage. Then I bought a stick-on LED light that gives a good amount of light up there (may have to end up putting in a light) and started storing stuff up there. Bought two 40 gallon contaners and five 20 gallon containers. Helped to get all the kiddo's toys pulled together and get some holiday stuff out of the way.