Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

1. USAF-Suburban

USAF-Suburban Rockstar 100 Posts

Who says you can't get high miles out of an American vehicle? Hit 200K this past weekend on our way back from El Paso. Still running very well and does great on our weekend trips. Frequently take the Suburban on 4+ hour trips with very little issues. Just wanted to express my happiness to my fellow GMers out there. Thanks for listening :)
    DSC03889.jpg

2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Its these OBS trucks they just don't die. They were built 100% like a rock. My Tahoe hit 200,000 last summer and since i have had 0 issues and my dad drives it 3 1/2 hours to VT every weekend to ski.

3. USAF-Suburban

USAF-Suburban Rockstar 100 Posts

Yes sir, they are most definitely a rock. Reliable as they come that's for sure and the best purchase vehicle wise I have ever made. She is a 98 and I bought her back in Feb 02 for $19K (if memory serves me correctly) with 63K on the ODO and she's been great since. Some minor maintenance issues such as water pump, fuel pump, and a handful of other things but nothing major... Hell, even the MPG isn't that bad. I haven't calculated it recently but I'd guess that I'm still getting 14-15 on the highway.

EDIT: Just saw your signature block on your post. Mine as well was made in Wisconsin. Maybe that's the key. Those boys and girls up there in the frozen north sure can build a truck.

4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

They built the toughest SUVs ever. On the highway I average 17-19 driving at 70 but at 55 I can get 21 easy. My city mileage is god awful at 10-12 and in poor weather it drops to 8 because of 4x4 use. I bought mine June of 2011 for $4500 with 193,000+ on the ODO. Only issues I had was as I reached 200,000 I kept having oil gaskets fail but I've fixed them all and she doesn't lose a drop of oil. Also had to replace alot of the brake parts recently but all the parts I replaced were factory.

Next up for my truck is replacement of the shocks, new sway bars and RAS. May also get new headlight, parklight, and taillight housings. I intend to keep my old girl until the day one of us die which at the current rate I think Tahoe will out last me. My girlfriend, who I intend to wed, loves Tahoe and is fine with me keeping it forever and starting our family with the big white monster. I hope to use it as a daily driver as long as I can because nothing on earth feels as nice to drive as my truck.

5. Scrufdog

Scrufdog New Member

I just bought my Burb with 205,000 on it. Plan to keep it going at least another 100k

6. twotone guy

twotone guy New Member

244xxx here..99 burb 5.7 .we should start a 200k club ...:lol:

7. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

As it so happens, my 1991 Suburban made 200k Wednesday...
    200k miles.jpg

So, about 8,600 miles per year on average. Not nearly the 30k+ I put on the Saturn, and I didn't put all them on the truck, but it's done well.

8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Well done guys.....:great:

9. BQS4

BQS4 New Member

I hit 200K in my 99 LS C1500 and it still runs like a scalded dawg......this was back before Christmas 2013,,,

Attached Files:

10. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts