1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2010 5.3 Sierra headers?!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by KevAlexander, Jun 16, 2012.

1. KevAlexander

KevAlexander New Member

sorry guys wasn't sure which forum I should post this in, but hopefully I'm in the right one.

I have a 2010 Texas Edition Sierra with a 5.3 and was looking for some headers, I came across some I really liked but they were for the 2009.
    My question is aren't 2010s and 2009s the same truck same motors and everything? wouldn't I be able to fit those headers in my 10? http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PSM-72C2267/Application/?prefilter=0 <---- The headers I was looking at.
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Bump....

Per my PM, this was another post that was moderated. You should get some responses soon on this now.
  3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

i see no reason they shouldnt fit. nothing changed between 10 and 11 as far as i know.

Alex
  4. KevAlexander

KevAlexander New Member

Thats what I figured but you never know...i'll just get them and hope to god they fit lol
  5. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

They better fit my fraternity brother just ordered those for his 2010. I'm putting them on for him and I took a look at his truck real quick to see any differences from my 2009, and there wasnt.so I don't see why they won't. I'm also switching to these headers and removing cats
  6. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts

After you get them mounted let me know how you like them and any install issues. I may throw a set on my '11.
  7. KevAlexander

KevAlexander New Member

Will do! Might have to take like a week driving around to see first though haha
  8. Bigmacnchez

Bigmacnchez New Member

9. KevAlexander

KevAlexander New Member

I'm sure it most likely be a bit long but I'm sure the guys at my muffler shop will cut them to size for me
  10. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

What muffler do you plan to run? My buddy is gunna run cats a super 40s. He has to pass emissions still even though I warned him the headers might screw that up. When I switch to kooks from dynatech I'm going to keep my 10 series and no cats.