2010 5.3 Sierra headers?!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by KevAlexander, Jun 16, 2012.

1. KevAlexander

KevAlexander New Member

sorry guys wasn't sure which forum I should post this in, but hopefully I'm in the right one.

I have a 2010 Texas Edition Sierra with a 5.3 and was looking for some headers, I came across some I really liked but they were for the 2009.
    My question is aren't 2010s and 2009s the same truck same motors and everything? wouldn't I be able to fit those headers in my 10? http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PSM-72C2267/Application/?prefilter=0 <---- The headers I was looking at.

2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Bump....

Per my PM, this was another post that was moderated. You should get some responses soon on this now.

3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

i see no reason they shouldnt fit. nothing changed between 10 and 11 as far as i know.

Alex

4. KevAlexander

KevAlexander New Member

Thats what I figured but you never know...i'll just get them and hope to god they fit lol

5. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

They better fit my fraternity brother just ordered those for his 2010. I'm putting them on for him and I took a look at his truck real quick to see any differences from my 2009, and there wasnt.so I don't see why they won't. I'm also switching to these headers and removing cats

6. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

After you get them mounted let me know how you like them and any install issues. I may throw a set on my '11.

7. KevAlexander

KevAlexander New Member

Will do! Might have to take like a week driving around to see first though haha

8. Bigmacnchez

Bigmacnchez Member

9. KevAlexander

KevAlexander New Member

I'm sure it most likely be a bit long but I'm sure the guys at my muffler shop will cut them to size for me

10. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

What muffler do you plan to run? My buddy is gunna run cats a super 40s. He has to pass emissions still even though I warned him the headers might screw that up. When I switch to kooks from dynatech I'm going to keep my 10 series and no cats.