1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2010 5.3 Sierra headers?!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by KevAlexander, Jun 16, 2012.

1. KevAlexander

KevAlexander New Member

Gonna run two straight pipes to 2 SpinTechs, they sound really good to me. I have a buddy who owns a expertire here and also the whole crew is pretty cool with me so I get inspections and Emissions passed pretty easily haha
  2. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thats nice. It's always about what sounds best to you. I live in a county with no emissions testing so I run what sounds best to me but the parts of Georgia that have emissions it's about impossible change the results. Also for the little bit of performance a gain it might be I use a 3 inch pipe from the y pipe to the muffler then two bends and exits. The less the bends the better the flow. And it's actually the same size and length of the stock mid pipe. I think I've become addicted to all my trucks have exits in front of the rear tires
  3. paracutin

paracutin Member 100 Posts

Do shorties flow any better than stock manifolds? Which are better for low end performance, short tube or long tube?
    I don't care about which sounds better.
  4. Bigmacnchez

Bigmacnchez Member

Long tub creates more scavenging effect I just like the way the shorties fit and look.