1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2010 Chevrolet Silverado - Diablo Predator

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by IronBear, Sep 12, 2013.

1. IronBear

IronBear New Member

Hello,

I just received my Diablo Sport Predator module in the mail yesterday but have yet to hook it up.

Just curious what my expectations are as far as overall power/torque, fuel economy and making it run smoother, i.e. removing the slight hesitation when taking off from a stop light when warm.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thank you

2. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

Most of the handheld tuners out there publish "up to" so many HP and torque gains. The truth is you might fee a slight difference, but that's it.

3. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

First off, I opted for the Trinity tuner with custom tune. With that in mind, I went with firmer transmission shift points (very noticeable!), and I did notice better acceleration in the mid RPM range (when accelerating at WOT). So far as MPG IF, and I do mean IF, I can keep my foot off the gas, my average is around 16 mpg. May not seem like much, but you have to understand my daily commute has me take a hill that that gains me about 1000' daily. So overall, not bad with a custom tune (which I recommend if you can afford it!). Hope that helps, and if ya have any other questions, feel free to ask! I know there's a couple other tuning folks in the site somewheres hiding out!

4. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

While I do believe that custom or canned tunes can result in better HP and torque numbers, I don't believe that they result in better MPGs. Since truck makers are so MPG-centric, they are doing everything they can to squeeze every MPG they can out of every drop of gasoline.

5. IronBear

IronBear New Member

So in my opinion, the Diablo Sport Predator tuner didn't work as I expected it to. So with that being said, I returned it. My hesitation is still there, and I didn't feel any power difference with it.