1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2010 chevy 2500 HD- 33in tires on 20's.....how in the hell can I make em fit????

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by ptrpipr, Sep 30, 2010.

1. ptrpipr

ptrpipr New Member

Dilema......had brand new 33x12.50x20in Toyo M/T's from a previous truck...had to buy new 8 lug wheels since I upgraded to a 3/4ton.....mounted and installed they rub bad in front fender wells....so I cranked up the torsion bars 3 and a half from stock which gave me 1 1/4 inches.....still rubbed....so the question is now to buy a leveling kit or a lift...am I going to have to trim fender wells anyhow?...dont really like the whole lift idea and would rather go with a leveling kit IF it will give me enough clearance.....also a couple hundred vs a couple thousand is much more do-able.......any advice or input would be appreciated

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. Every truck is differant. Some will clear with just the level kit, others won't. I know thats not the answer you want to hear but thats how it is. GM has about 8 differant torson bars that are used along with differant torson bar keys so thats way some trucks seem taller than others. I like Off-RoadUnlimiteds leveling kits because you can get optional longer Bilstein shocks with it.

3. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You would need about 2 1/2 inches of lift which you can get from a leveling kit to clear the 33's. Shouldn't have to trim but if you do it surely wouldn't be much.

4. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!

5. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

6. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome!!!

7. plumber_rob

plumber_rob Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to the site!