Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2010 Chevy 4X4 with towing package

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by dad277, Sep 15, 2010.

1. dad277

dad277 New Member

I have a 2010 1/2 ton 4X4 Crew with the towing package. I bought a trailer brake controller. When trying to install the controller, I found the pre-installed chevy wiring under the dash exactly as the installation instructions said that I would. The only problem is that the 12V power wire on the truck has no voltage on it. I assumed that there was a fuse missing so I tracked down the trailer brake fuse and was shocked to find a fuse installed. Is there another fuse location that I am overlooking? I could rig it up to have 12V but would like to use the factory wire if possible.

2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I hope I am not leading you a stray, but I believe the hot wire for the trailer wire is under the hood on the driver side balled up down towards the headers. Its a red wire.

3. dad277

dad277 New Member

So if I find it, are you to just wire it over to the battery. I would have expect it to be pre-wired in the fuse block. I will certainly look for the wire that you are suggesting.

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. Can't help with the wiring. ( I HATE wiring)

5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

****thread moved to electrical****

Welcome to the site. if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

6. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Right next to the trailer brake fuse should be 2 studs. One is for the trailer power, the other is for a trailer brake controller. Throw the wire ajarman mentioned on the terminal and you should be good to go.