GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

2010 Chevy Silverado LT 5.3L what if any fuel cleaner should I use

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by mkballance, Nov 20, 2011.

1. mkballance

mkballance New Member

My truck is 17 months old, with 33,800 miles, have the flex fuel system, and I have been thinking I should run bottle of fuel cleaner through the system before cold weather. I haven't had any issues so far with any fuel problems.

Any suggestions?

Kent
  2. Greg84

Greg84 New Member

I'd just run a tank or two of E85 through it and let the alcohol in that stuff do its work..
  3. Z71silverado

Z71silverado New Member

I bought the Lucas Fuel treatment at Walmart and ran a bottle of that through mine. I topped it off with premium (less than half a tank) before I went on a trip got the best gas mileage ever.
  4. SoundZman

SoundZman New Member

If your concerned with carbon buildup, then Lucas is not really what your looking for since it's claim to fame is a "top end lubricant".

I've used SeaFoam for a couple years now with no problem. With low mileage like yours, I would simply use the gas tank method. When you start hitting 50-60K then I would start using the intake/vacuum system cleaning method.

Just my 2 cents.
  5. Z71silverado

Z71silverado New Member

[h=1]This is what I used

Lucas Oil Deep Clean Fuel System Cleaner[/h]Lucas Deep Clean is blended with an exclusive Lucas additive package and specific carrier fluid that contains no diesel fuel, kerosene or anything else that can be harmful or useless to an engine. It also reduces NOx emissions, eliminates the need for higher octane fuel and deep cleans the entire fuel system and combustion chamber.

[h=4]Key Benefits[/h]● Greatly reduces harmful NOx emissions
    ● Removes carbon deposits
    ● Totally eliminates knocking and pinging
    ● Raises mpg and performance