1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2010 Chevy Silverado

Discussion in 'Member Garages' started by rbramhill, Jan 27, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. rbramhill

rbramhill Member

2010 Chevy Silverado (2013-01-27 19:38:22)

2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Looking good so far!!!

I bet that 4.8 doesn't like those big tires on the freeway, unless you are lucky to have 3.73's.

3. rbramhill

rbramhill Member

havent really hit the highway yet but man it sure drinks the gas in the city

4. TRPLXL2

I just saw your other post about the gearing, I kinda knew you weren't going to be happy lol!! What gears do you have now 3.42??? I had 35's and 4.10's on my 05 silverado with the 5.3 and it was a dog. I bumped up to a 4.88 front and rear gearing and it was a lot better, If you go to a 4.10 it will be even worse on gas, but you will get some power back. Big tires are a double edge sword, they look bad a$$, but boy you pay the price!!

5. rbramhill

rbramhill Member

i honestly dont even know what gears i have now how can i find out?

6. TRPLXL2

I believe inside your glove box, there should be a big white label on the lid. It has a list of all the RPO codes, I am not sure which one's they use now for gearing. I know some of the older one's had like GU6, G80, G86 and so on. Maybe someone with a newer truck can answer that one, I haven't bought a new truck since 05'

7. rbramhill

rbramhill Member

ive been trying to find something online for what gears would be best to run 33's but i guess without knowing what i have i cant really find much haha

8. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have stock 3.73 on 33s and love it. I got a lot of get up in go. I'm also a tuned 5.3 but none the less that should be a solid gear for you