Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2010 crew cab door noise.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Eviljay, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Eviljay

Eviljay New Member

This is not the road noise problem, however it sounds more like the door is loose. When I hit bumps the door makes a creaking noise. This it the first GM I have ownwd in 8 years, but the volkswagon I had was like a vault when I closed the door. Is this normal fit and finish for a GM. I hope not.

2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

No Eviljay, Not normal fit & finish for a GM. It sounds like you have smth that GM can fix under your warranty for you. Take the service manager for a ride and be sure and drive on the type of road where he is guranteed to hear the noise you're talking about.

You're right about VW's being tight. I worked for Porche/Audi/VW and it's all about the weather stripping, the hinges & the latches.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  3. jake's silverado

jake's silverado Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

they will probably lube the weatherstrip and it will go away for awhile.