1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2010 ford focus

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ThatSilverStepside, Jul 2, 2010.

1. ThatSilverStepside

ThatSilverStepside New Member 100 Posts

Well, I'm in need of a new car that gets good mileage before the fall and a local ford dealership seems to have the best deal so far :grrrrrr: its a 2010 ford focus ABS, PW message center. $6,999 or $109/mo for college students or active military...and I would be fitting it with a hydroxy setup to boost mileage even further...give me your thoughts..dont be afraid to be brutally honest I'm not very happy with myself for even thinking about it. still searching for a GM product.
  2. Badbrad469

Badbrad469 New Member 100 Posts

my mom had a 2009 focus ses, she averaged 35mpg in it. to be honest, it was pretty nice for a smaller car, even had a little pep in it's step.
  3. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

They arent to bad of a car.. They tend to last a long time. And for a commuter car it will more than do you for a long time to come.
  4. 09Z71

09Z71 New Member 100 Posts

Focuses are nice cars, i would personally prefer imports when it comes to compact cars, but if you're getting a smokin' hot deal on it, i say do it.
  5. swedp

swedp New Member

i´m ashamed mention the word but my girlfriend has a f-d KA. i´ts a small thing that you get half a liter per 10 kilometer and it runs like a arrow.wouldn´t like to crash in it,so i only ride in it when i need lift from the pub
  6. ThatSilverStepside

well, its settled I didnt even get to make a choice. I was going to go get it the week after next but the deal ends the 5th and I wont have the money by then..now I'm looking at a 2010 Malibu LT with 20k for 12,000...going to the dealership next week to take a look at a few cars..hopefully I find a GM product within my price range. if not I guess I'll have to suck it up and deal with something else.
  7. swedp

swedp New Member

are an old nova expensive in us?
  8. ThatSilverStepside

not usually..but I'm searching for a car less than 3 years old or one that still has the factory warranty...the newest vehicle I have ever owned is my 1990 silverado
  9. 03bluetie

03bluetie New Member

Just in case you didn't think about it check on e bay you be surprise i used it i know people who used it as long as you use common sense you be ok they have dealer and owner sale i just sold a bike on their and listed a 68 pu they got pretty good deal sometime and you can see inventory of dealership like 50k mi away that you wouldnt see cause you wouldn';t drive it ,you never know don't cost anything to try it+ you can search by price put the amount of money you want spend and see all brand....i know someone who bought a certified 325 bmw some state away from a dealership had it finance and delivered without a problem.....
  10. swedp

swedp New Member

that´s rihgt,we have similiar ad-sites,you can make really good offers there as i did with my s10 4wd. amazing how many older ford´s uses chevy for power. but i drove a stock shelby 500 cobra,we found and imported to sweden from spain,think that was the most brutal i ever driven. 500 GT i think they were called? it had the 428 with dubbel 4barrel´s 4 speed man, matching numbers all over,i believe it was 97!
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2010