1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2010 GMC 3500 crew cab Dooley-creaking noise in cab

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by GMCDooley, Feb 2, 2011.

1. GMCDooley

GMCDooley New Member

I've been expereincing a lot of "creaking" noise in the cab of my truck and in concern, I took it to the dealership to have it checked. Their answer for the noise was, as they called it, the "Flex Body" and there isn't anything they can do about it. Describing it as normal and its due to the cold temperatures. Granted, the only time the creaking occurs is when going over speed bumbs or uneven terrain at slower speeds.

Anyone believe this? I've never heard of such a thing. I've googled "Flex Body" and it sure doesn't relate to a truck. (grin) Also, is anyone else expereincing the same noise?

I'm about to fire off some complaints but I'd like to be sure first. Thanks in advance for any help!

2. MoveOver4Z

MoveOver4Z Member

Ive had my '11 x-cab for 3 months now and I get some squeaking sounds from the passenger side dash near the windshield when on rough roads and such but it only does it when it's cold.
    I think the odd choice of wording "flex body" refers to the contraction and expansion of matrials in the vehicle thats caused by changing temperatures but I'm no expert, just my opinion.

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I would get under the truck myself with some wrenchs and sockets and tighten all the body and bed mounts alone with ever bolt or nut. Years ago I had a new Blazer that creaked and it was loose body mounts from the factory.

4. GMCDooley

GMCDooley New Member

Checking the cab bolts, etc. is on my to-do list. It just ticks me that the dealership wouldn't even do that. I've even noticed the noise this past summer, just not as loud. Thanks for the info.

5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Thats why I would rather just fix it myself rather than putting up the the dealers bullsh*t.

6. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

You didn't happen to have any step bars installed recently, did you?

7. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I get the creaking when going over speed bumps turning into driveways.....its the normal flex you get from the cab and truck bed.

I never hear it unless I have the radio turned off however!:glasses: