1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2010 new speaker

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Chevycoastie, Feb 11, 2014.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Chevycoastie

Chevycoastie New Member

I want to replace my stock speaker on my 2010 crew cab silverado. I cannot seem to locate the correst size nor a wiring diagram that shows what color wires for negative and positive. Has anyone done a speaker swap and if so what size speaker and what color are the wires?

thanks, Gene
  2. j cat

j cat Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

you will need to make some small modifications for the speakers to fit . use some plastic shielding to protect the speaker from water. with the wires no problem just hook up the wires to the same side of the new speaker as old... also look for a red or black dot to show + or -...

GM speakers are of very poor quality 100% crap !
  3. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 100 Posts

4. Chevycoastie

Chevycoastie New Member

Thanks guys for the info. I agree with you j cat, these factory speakers are 100% crap. Thanks for the website summitwhite11. What speakers have you guys installed? Looking for ideas.
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Are you amping them?
  6. Chevycoastie

Chevycoastie New Member

Not right now, Leaving the factory radio in, just want to replace the crappy factory speakers. Down the road I will be changing the factory radio and adding a amp.
  7. j cat

j cat Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I got infinity speakers several years ago. soldered in the connector from old spk to new. no need to replace the radio or amp with good speakers ... very good sound..since this was a while back . other manufactures of spk may work better being made now..
  8. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 100 Posts

I like the polk audios myself for factory replacements, amazing sound from those.
  9. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

For a good Even and real sound without a amp Look at JL Audio Type TR's or Focal Access speakers They won't make your ears bleed and you will still hear some Midbass..
  10. Chevycoastie

Chevycoastie New Member

Thanks for all the info! Did you go with 2-ways, 3-way or something different?