1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2010 Rear BowTie emblem on tailgate delaminating

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by rski43, Aug 3, 2011.

1. rski43

rski43 New Member

...had the same problem on our '07 HHR, anyone else w/ this issue?? This is on '10 1500 Silverado WT (in MA).

bowtieski1.jpg bowtieski2.jpg
  2. IanF

IanF Rockstar 100 Posts

I had the same problem on my '10 CC LS. Dropped into the dealer to have them look at it on a saturday morning. It is a known issue and they replaced it on the spot under my warranty, had them in stock and it only took 15 minutes.
  3. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Did you bring this to the attention of your local dealer? I would recommend that you contact them for more information. Please feel free to keep me posted. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  4. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would say in the last 2 Silverados I have owned I have had 5-7 bow ties replaced. I have never had any issues with the dealerships replacing them. Just wish they were made a little better....it is the adversting for the brand to everyone on the road and should look top notch IMO.
  5. eagle71

eagle71 New Member

I had the same problem on my 09. They replaced it and it happened again. I then took off the outer piece using some fishing line. You can then leave it silver or replace it with those reflective tape replacements they have on the internet. I added the tape in yellow and it looks like new. The other advantage is it reflects back light at night.

Here's a site
    http://www.webxtremes.com/chevydecals.htm
  6. eagle71

eagle71 New Member

I had the same problem on my 09. They replaced it and it happened again. I then took off the outer piece using some fishing line. You can then leave it silver or replace it with those reflective tape replacements they have on the internet. I added the tape in yellow and it looks like new. The other advantage is it reflects back light at night.

Here's a site
    http://www.webxtremes.com/chevydecals.htm
  7. Fenian

Fenian New Member

My 2011 Silverado LT has the same exact issue, to be quite honest I'm just waiting for another warranty issue to show itself before I go to the dealer to get it all done at once...disappointing really.
  8. Nathan Kenney

Nathan Kenney Member

I know it seems that gm has really gone down hill in this last model I hope they realize this and pick up quality or I will try out a Ford or Dodge.
  9. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would take a faded bow tie over a ford that the fuel tank might fall off while driving any day....
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  10. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I am glad to see that you are planning to work with your local dealer regarding this concern. Please feel free to keep m posted. You can also contact me via private message. Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.