1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2010 siera/silverado crew cab 5.3

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by LAURASDAD, Feb 11, 2011.

1. LAURASDAD

LAURASDAD New Member

Hello,

I have had an 05 Avalanche and have loved it. It has been a very reliable truck. Mileage is starting to get up there so I am looking into replacing it with a 2010 truck.

I first was looking into a Toy Tundra. Nice truck but they appear to have several issues: AIP failure, front dif failure, bed bounce.

Was exicted about a 2010 Silverado or Siera crew cab until I read the thread about cab noise.

What is the general consensus about the quality of these trucks? I know most forums are typically a place for people to complain. But is the 2010 trucks pretty good quality>?

thanks

Larry
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

The 2010 model is basicaly the third year of the body style and GM seems to have worked out most of the bugs. The cab noise isnt as noticable if you have an older truck and jump into one. The 5.3 is virtually the same motor you have only more effeicent. All in all they are a good truck. And get better milage real world than a toyo (toyo real world numbers are around 14 hwy, and 11 in town, and most with the 5.3L are getting 17-18 hwy, and 13-14 in town.) Gm also offers the 5yr/100K powertrain warranty in case you do run into issues. But as with most cars it all a matter of what and how you use and care for it. I have had several trucks now with well over 300K miles.
  3. KWG08VMI

KWG08VMI New Member

I bought a 2010 Sierra back in June and i haven't found anything to complain about yet. I have been very impressed with the ride quality even after i leveled it. I do notice the road noise on occasion but I am used to having mud tires under my trucks so i don't even notice these road tires.
  4. bacon89

bacon89 New Member

I bought my 2010 ext. cab back in February of last year and the only road noise I had to worry about was the lower rumble from the Wrangler AT/s's that came from the factory and from what I’ve read about my tires they can make a bit of noise. Yes I know you are asking about the crew cab version but I have ridden in both and it seemed the crew cab was quieter than my rig. I believe the crew cab had Bridgestone's on it instead of the Goodyear’s on my truck. As for the quality the only issue I had was I recently removed the lower air dam off the front bumper because it started to hang due to a little run in with a snowdrift :p. It's only held in place with two bolts and the rest is clipped on to the front bumper.
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, Larry. I think ALL brands of trucks have pros and cons. I just like GM's styling.
  6. gatormike69

gatormike69 Member

I've also had my 2010 Ext cab since last FEB and I haven't noticed a lot of road noise. Of course I did make the 2010 my primary truck moving up from the 1958.
  7. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Love my 09 CC. No noise complaints.
  8. BigDogTruck

BigDogTruck New Member

I recently purchased a 2010 Crew cab 4 x 4 with the 20" tires and I have heard the noise that people have spoke about. For the winter put on 17" AT for the snow months and I don't hear it as much, but I also have the radio 99% of the time too! As far as the truck, I love it. No problems here and rides great.
  9. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Have you test driven the newer Av's? I went from a 02 to a 08 Av and love it...Still has Comfy seating for 5 or a Nice COVERED 8ft bed....