1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2010 Silverado 1500: How to remove the under-dash fuse box cover??

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Trucking, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Trucking

Trucking Member

I've tried pulling out on both sides and top and bottom, she no budge! I've tried prying off the plastic button in the center of the cover. No workee!! How the hey do I remove that fuse-box cover??
  2. ljmueller

ljmueller Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Are you sure it's a fuse box? Might be different than my '08 but in my truck there is one fuse box under the hood drivers side, and the other is on the drivers side of the dash, sort of pinched in between the door and the dash. Good luck.
  3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Just to be sure, our asking about......The Center Instrument Panel Fuse block that is located underneath the Instrument panel, and to the left of the steering column???.....if yes, on my Silverado, there's a Screw right in the center of the Fuse Box Cover, after removing it, cover can be removed.....I don't know if its the same on your 2010"......:neutral:

4. Trucking

Trucking Member

Yes, that's the fusebox. If there is a screw, it's being covered with a plastic plug which isn't coming off very easily. I'll try again.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

3 fuseboxes on my 2010: Under hood; l/s dash; under dash to left of steering column.
  5. steved

steved Former Member

That should be a junction box for a bunch of terminals (typically where guys tap into the retained accessory power), but there aren't any fuses (at least there aren't in my 2012). It was held in with a plastic push-type retainer that had to be broken/pulled out.
  6. Trucking

Trucking Member

You're right. Just a junction box for body harnesses and their circuit breakers. I'm leaving it alone.

Thanks
  7. steved

steved Former Member

FYI:

If you are looking to add a circuit or to get an "ignition on" or RAP source for a relay, you can access one or two pins in one of those sockets (specifically the one labeled X-14). Just something to keep in mind since a lot of guys like to have accessories that turn on and off with the ignition.
  8. Trucking

Trucking Member

OK, thanks. I am actually trying to isolate the harness involved in the cause of a buzzing thru my L/F speakers with the parking lights or headlights on. The buzz stops when the BCM fuse is pulled, so next step was to pull the harness fuses (in this case circuit breakers) to see within which harness the offending circuit was located.
  9. steved

steved Former Member

Do you have LEDs or HIDs anywhere?
  10. Trucking

Trucking Member

Negative, I just purchased this (2010 CC LT 5.3 FFV) a couple weeks ago and everything looks dead stock except for a shorty antenna. A picture I saw taken prior to my purchase appeared to show the truck with blackout taillights but apparently they were changed back prior to my purchase. The buzz is heard thru the l/f door speaker and tweeter, and occurs to the same degree with the radio on or off. It does not respond to radio volume changes or engine RPM changes. The audio and speakers work fine. During the daytime, the DRLs alone don't create the buzz. Turning on the parking lights, and the headlights (which include the parking lights) creates the buzz. When the lights come on at dusk (activating the parking and headlights) this creates the buzz. Since the common event is the illumination of the parking lights, I am going to check all the parking light contacts and grounds, although they appear to all work as designed. Activation of the turn signals, brake lights, or flashers don't affect the buzz. That about covers it!