1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2010 silverado 1500 locking tailgate part number?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 80cutbrougham, Jul 30, 2010.

1. 80cutbrougham

80cutbrougham New Member

does anyone have the exact part number for me to ask my chevy dealer for? i dont need an electric locking tailgate but if there are 2 different part numbers one elec. and one manual i would be happy to get them

thanks in advance
    -Alec
  2. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

3. 80cutbrougham

80cutbrougham New Member

the one you mentioned is chrome... does anyone know if the one above part number 17802393 is a locking unit to replace a non-locking unit in black? i do not want a chrome piece

thanks
    Alec
  4. BigBlueLB756

BigBlueLB756 Rockstar 100 Posts

The 17802393 is for the black codeable (uses your ignition key) tailgate lock package that I just put on. It was $40.67 + $10.00 shipping from OEM Parts Today. You might find it cheaper somewhere else, but that's the one you want.
  5. 80cutbrougham

80cutbrougham New Member

excellent thanks!