2010 Silverado Auto Headlamps

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by fyrboy5, Sep 20, 2010.

1. fyrboy5

fyrboy5 New Member

OK I have searched a bit and have found nothing really helpful.
    I have a 2010 Silverado LT 4X4 and I need an easy way to disable the headlamps from turning on with the key at night. I'm an avid hunter and run dogs at night and the headlamsp not only scare other animals off but distract my dogs from there jobs. Yes I know to turn the headlamp switch to the off position but as many know this will reset after turning the ignition off and back on.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I dont believe there is a way to completely disable the Auto-lamps.. Which stinks since there should be an ability to do that like in other makes.
    Good luck hunting, and hopefully someone else has a fix that i may have missed!

3. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Turning the knob to the power symbol should turn off the automatic headlamps and Daytime Running Lamps (DRL). Turn the headlamp control to the off position again to turn the automatic headlamps or DRL back on. This can be found on page 1-18 or your owner’s manual. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me by email or private message. Thank you.

Tricia, Chevrolet Customer Service.

4. NCN8ive

NCN8ive Rockstar 100 Posts