1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2010 Silverado concerns

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by SoCalSilverodder, Feb 22, 2012.

1. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts

Great info Tim! I'm sure that will help many as there a couple threads going around now regarding AFM.
  2. SoCalSilverodder

SoCalSilverodder New Member

Everything is stock on the truck except for a stock replacement K&N air filter. The 20" rims are the factory chromes and came with the truck from dealer. If they were dealer installed, does the dealer have to tune the comp?
  3. mfleetwood

For the rim/wheel size, you shouldn't need to program into your computer since it came from the factory. However, a getting a tuner will help your mileage and performance, and if/when you do change your tires size, add a CAI, exhaust, etc., you can always program your ride for that with your tuner.
  4. alabamaxrebel

alabamaxrebel New Member

Just curious, how often do you reset your AVG. mpg?
  5. mfleetwood

I typically don't reset it much, as my driving conditions are not consistent (i.e. mountains vs plains; snow/icy streets vs dry; long highway drive vs city; etc.) that I always forget to reset for the new condition or if I do reset, I forget to check what the current # is (I'm old so my memory is not so good). When I do reset it, it's because I know I'm either going to be taking a road trip or I'll just be motoring around the city for a couple tankfuls or other circumstance in which I know the conditions will be the same for awhile and I want to see what kind of mileage I'm getting....but then I forget to check it anyway.....Oh yeah, I'm old.

Thank you for the question and bringing this to my attention, as I really had to do some thinking on this. I now just realized that I've got a memory problem.
  6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I havent been using the AVG on the DIC, I've been doing my calculations the old fashioned way by tracking miles and fuel amounts at fill-up time.
    I dont trust the DIC to be that accurate.
  7. SoCalSilverodder

SoCalSilverodder New Member

I reset mine about every two weeks. ticks between 15.6 and 15.7. I guess I'll take it in to dealer again (first time they said reflashed and shouldve been fine....it wasnt) and have them fondle it some more. Any suggestions on the buzzing fromunda the dash?