Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2010 Silverado Exhaust/Lugging Noise

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by alkaspeltzar, Mar 10, 2011.

1. alkaspeltzar

alkaspeltzar Member

I own a 2010 silverado, 5.3L, 6 speed, 3.42 rear-end, 18,000miles

Wondering if anyone can hear a slight tapping, almost like an exhaust leak or lugging sound from the engine when cruising at 50-60mph @ 1200 RPM like it does? I can hear it near the floor/firewall on the drivers side. More noticeable as it change from V4 to V8.

It only seems to be apparent when the truck is pulling at that real low RPM. Once in a higher gear or higher rpm, it is non-existent.

I know this truck is tuned for GPM"s, could I just be hearing the engine lug through the exhaust slightly, anyone see this as normal?

Thanks in Advance.

2. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I will be sending you a private message shortly for more information regarding your concern.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

3. SMTXAGGIE

SMTXAGGIE New Member

Alkaspeltzar, what did this issue end up being due to? Just normal?

4. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Does it sound like a slight vibration noise at lower RPM's on the driver side? If so i just started experiencing the same problem but it sounds more or less like aluminum hittin metal and vibrating slightly check to see if any welds or anything are loose or broken slightly.