1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2010 Silverado extended w/5.3 issues

Discussion in 'Ask GM Customer Service' started by Coach24, May 20, 2011.

1. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

My issues are growling when engine goes to V4. Goes away when back to V8.
    Thump in the rear of truck like spare is loose. Spare isn't loose. Are the springs binding and then unbinding?
    Transmission keeps shifting hard then slipping and when decelerating it upshifts.
    Dealer says onstar will detect but it hasn't and the issue remains.
    Interior noise from passenger side of vehicle. Dealer already replaced baffles. I test drove another like vehicle and the sound wasn't there.
    Left truck at dealer all day and nothing has changed.
    I noticed that other owners are experiencing similar issues. Can we get answers?
  2. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I would be happy to look into this for you. In order to take further steps, I will need some more specfic information. If you could please send me your full name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, current mileage, and name of the dealership that you are working with via private message, I will be able to look into this further. Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  3. Coach24

Thanks Tricia hope you can shed a little light on these issues.
  4. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Another member had a noise when going to V4 mode and it was the heat shield rattling. The growl noise could it be your exhaust? The bump in the rear does it feel like some has rear ended you slightly..like a tap or bump..if it is its your yolk on the drive shaft. I had that same issuse on my 08 and there was a Technical Service bulletin on it. The dealer replaced the yolk and it went away.

It may apply to your year also.
  5. 98Hotrod98

98Hotrod98 Rockstar 100 Posts

That rear -end bump happens on my truck as well. I took it to the dealer 2 weeks ago and they said it was the splines, they cleaned and greased them.... However same issue. Thanks for the yoke info, my truck is going in the shop for poor MPG tomorrow and i'll have the shop foreman investigate the yoke...
  6. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I am glad to hear that you are working with your local dealership regarding the concern. Please feel free to keep me updated. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  7. Coach24

taking to dealer this week I will add your comment to my list.
    although it feels more like rear spring is binding up than a bump from behind.

Thansk for the information it is appreciated