1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2010 Silverado Flex Fuel Muffler Suggestions.....?????

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by dpelfrey, Oct 27, 2010.

1. dpelfrey

dpelfrey New Member

I want a nice low rumble to my truck, not high pitched. I was told that the flex fuel trucks didn't sound good with a flowmaster muffler. Any suggestions?
  2. rutroe

rutroe New Member

It's not the flexfuel...it's the active fuel management that makes it sound weird. I had Flowmasters on mine before I switched to Magnaflow. It sounded alright. It didn't sound good when in V-4 mode and I don't think anything will fix that except turning AFM off.
  3. BigBlueLB756

BigBlueLB756 New Member 100 Posts

Try a Dynomax #17233 Ultra Flo Welded muffler. 3" inlet and outlet. 20" body length. Stainless steel. Rumbly. Handles that 4-cylinder drone just fine.
  4. 00chevy53

00chevy53 New Member 100 Posts

screw it just run cats only... with the right tip it takes away the raspy noise that you get from running it with out a muffler the only time it gets anoying loud is when you put your foot to the floor, but if you take it easy it sounds like its got a muffler
  5. GatorFan6908

GatorFan6908 New Member