1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2010 Silverado issues

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by bryco1985, Nov 5, 2010.

1. bryco1985

bryco1985 New Member

I just purchased my 2010 silverado 5.3l with 10 miles on it last August. So, far I have had my rear shocks replaced and my oil pan replaced. I am also having problems with the Tire pressure sensor system. My current issue is my brakes squealing and the truck has 5500 miles on it.

Any thing legal I can do because the dealership will not buy it back.
  2. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Member 100 Posts

I would like to do some more research regarding your concern. You can feel free to contact me through private message with more information and I would be happy to assist you. It would also be helpful if you could provide your full name, address, and the VIN for the vehicle within the message. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  3. silverhobey

silverhobey Member 100 Posts

not sure, but in Canada, GM recently had a 30 day trial period----All I can say is that you shouldn't have any out of pocket expense anyway with the 3 year warranty-----Not sure if others on this site/forum have had any issues at all(the oil pan one makes we wonder??)
  4. bwoodmiles

bwoodmiles New Member

mine makes a unexplained grinding noise when braking figure thaty one out!! along with a ton of other complaints about the truck
  5. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

My brakes made a squeaking noise from the time I bought it.....the dealer would never replace them however. A local shop told me that he sees that a lot with the newer gm trucks due tothe pads they come with.

I bought my sierra new in 08 and all 4 power door lock acuators went out one by one. I also had tpms problems.....after putting new tires on the right rear sensor stoped working.....the dealer relearned it and it worked for a few days then all 4 quit working and the dealer could not relearn them....they tried to sell me 4 new ones. I went to a buddies tire shop and started with the front replacing them in the order you relearn ...turns out 2 bad sensors prevented the other two from working.
  6. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich New Member 100 Posts

my brakes squeal slightly when I brake on occasion, nothing major I think its either the brake pad design or just brake dust on the pad itself, only other ongoing issue I have had with my silverado is the driver door squeals in cold weather going in the down position, had it fixed twice by gm, third time they told me it was because of the window tint... oh well only does it in cold weather .. someday I will fix it again.
  7. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

My brake pads squeal the 1st or 2nd time i use them in the morning.I don't hear them for the rest of the day.
  8. gatormike69

gatormike69 New Member 100 Posts

OK, so exactly what issues did you have that warranted these repairs? I have a 2010 that I picked up in Feb 7800 miles on it now and would like to know if there are particular things I should be watching for. Thanks
  9. bryco1985

bryco1985 New Member

I noticed a small puddle of fluid under my right rear shock absorber. I then crawled under the truck and noticed the absorber was caked in grease and there was some dripping. With the oil pan I noticed some moisture under the pan and then wiped it down with my finger to see if it was oil or not. It was oil. I am really not impressed with Chevy as of right now.
  10. Unbelievable2

Unbelievable2 New Member

You're probably abusing the truck and it hates you.