2010 Silverado Leveling Kit

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Chevycoastie, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Chevycoastie

Chevycoastie Member

Hey Guys,

I have been looking into doing a leveling kit on my 2010 sliverado. It is only 2wd. I hate the look of how our trucks come from the factory. I really don't know what size or brand to go with. I am looking into getting new tires soon thats why I'm looking at doing this now. Does anyone have any suggestions on size and brand I should go with. I don't want to spend much espically since I am buying new tires.

Thanks.

2. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Are you asking for brand and size of tire, or leveling kit? I know "size" is not an equation in leveling kits, but can't figure out what you want. What size wheels do you have? Can't recommend a size without knowing that....

3. Chevycoastie

Chevycoastie Member

Buckmeister,

I am looking at size and brand for a leveling kit. I am keeping my stock tire size which is 275/55R20. I've seen people talking about putting on 1 1/2" up to 2 1/2" kit. I really don't know what would be the right size for me. Again my truck is stock with factory 20`s and its 2wd.

4. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

The rough country is at a fair price, after installing the kit my wheel wells measure the same front and back, there are more costly kits, and different type kits, its all a matter of taste.

5. squatchy

squatchy Active Member 100 Posts

2 inch is probably gonna be the cheapest route. A lot of companies have them for 50-60 bucks

6. Chevycoastie

Chevycoastie Member

Rick, what size did you go with? I've heard of rough country before but I never knew anyone that has it on their truck. How do you like that one? When you say fair price, how much are we looking at?
    Thanks, Eugene

7. buckmeister2

Most of us just use the 2" lift as kind of generic height...I don't know if we know the diff between 1.5 and 2.5. If you go 2", you will be as close to level as you can be, I think.

You mentioned getting different tires in your OP. A 295/50/20 is going to be about an inch wider, and the same height.

8. Chevycoastie

Chevycoastie Member

Thanks for the info. I will look into the 2" kit. As for tires I think I'm going to keep the stock size. If my truck was 4wd then I would step up in tire size but as for now I'm going to stay with the stock size. But thanks again for the help.

9. buckmeister2

Why don't you take a before and after pic, and post it. Some people don't realize what a diff a simple 2" level job makes on our trucks.

Good luck! jim

10. Chevycoastie

Chevycoastie Member

Thanks Jim,

Once I have everything changed, I'll posy some before and after pics.