2010 Silverado leveling kit

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by BlackedOut010, Apr 15, 2011.

1. BlackedOut010

BlackedOut010 New Member

Hey guys, just recently purchased a new silverado (ill try to get some pictures uploaded soon). I dont know about any of yall, but i cant stand how much lower the front sits than the rear. Ive been looking around at some leveling kits because Im not too interested in lifting it right away. Any suggestions on what a nice reliable kit is? maybe share a few links with me. Thanks guys and so far im digging the forum!

2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club and congrats on your ride!!!

I had a Ready Lift 2.25" on my truck for awhile and liked it. It was easy to install and Ready Lift is a high quality product. It's on the more expensive side though but since I off-road a ton I was willing to spend a few extra $$.

3. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

top gun custom make a 2.5" leveling kit for a cheap price and i know rough country got a 2" leveling kit for 70$ i think it is readylift is abit ont he pricey side like fleetwood said but it holds up nice i never heard anyone having any problem with any of the leveling kits for the nnbs but if you go with the topgun your front might sit alittle bit higher then the back.

4. BlackedOut010

BlackedOut010 New Member

Ive been looking at the rough country 2". Anybody had any experience with this one? good or bad just so ill know what im getting myself into haha

5. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I heard nothing but good about there 2" levelingkit i know that had problems though with the 3" kit they had.

6. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I went w/ a ReadyLift kit just for the piece of mind of quality parts and components. The rough country kit is a love/ hate thing on this forum. Many users with that leveling kit swear by it, and others who have used it and switched to another leveling kit say its crap.

7. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I always think of you get what you pay for. The RCX is a polymer/plastic kit. I just could not see putting a $70 plastic part to lift my 30k truck. You cant go wrong with ReadyLift. The TGZ kit will net you closer to 3" and might have to lift the rear some to level out, but I believe you have to cut the strut bolts (not 100% sure, but hace heard that).

8. jbjohnson92f

jbjohnson92f Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

i have the RC kit and it works just fine, very easy to install, i think the strut boltswould snap before the spacer

9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Like the Bilsteins adjustable shock/strut, 0 to 2.5" lift or the ReadyLift. Both good products.

10. sfdefender24

sfdefender24 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

ive had the rough country on my truck for a little over a year now and i have gone off roading many times in that year and have never had a problem with. looks good, easy install. and its cheap. good product to look into.