1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2010 Silverado radio issue

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by cain73, Oct 8, 2013.

1. cain73

cain73 New Member

My kids kept asking for me to turn up the radio and I was wondering why. one night it went from soft to loud and I started playing with the fade and balance and realized the back speakers were not working much of the time and would occasionally kick in. I'm guessing it's something simple like fuse or connection. Can someone point me in the best direction to figure this out and get my radio working properly ASAP? I'd sure appreciate the help.
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I'd definitely wait for more opinions, as I'm not an expert but something similar happened to me. My problem was the connector in the back of the radio was not seated properly. I'm not sure if it wiggled loose over time but one day, like you, I just noticed half of my system wasn't working.
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Does your truck happen to have a rear entertainment center (DVD player)?
  4. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Member 100 Posts

cain73,

I understand how frustrating it is to not having your radio working properly. I love my music while I am driving. I might not be able to give any technical advice but I would like to look into this concern for you. Private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care
  5. cain73

cain73 New Member

No DVD player/entertainment center.

Jennifer - I appreciate your offer but I've been told that since my truck has surpassed the 36k warranty Chevy isn't going to help me.
  6. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Member 100 Posts

cain73,

You are welcome. I hope you get your vehicle issue resolved quickly.

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care