2010 Silverado rip off ~ 17" Spare Tire w/ 18" Wheels

Discussion in 'Ask GM Customer Service' started by Coach24, May 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Our welcome wagon hospitality??? Really?? You come into our home and slur what we all love over you having a "correct" spare under your bed. I really dont see how you can really think that you would have a alloy spare wheel. I check my spare about every 6k miles to make sure it is inflated and ready in emergency situations (what a spare is for) and it sees hell up under the bed. I would not want a upgraded wheel to be under there to start with.

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Guys, don't comment on this Jackass (coach24) anymore. Thats what he wants.

3. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

That's another good point Alston. My spare wheel is just a steel wheel & it looks like it's been sitting in a swamp for 20 years. I can't imagine an aluminum alloy lasting much longer than 6 months or a year without having to buff it down & recoat it.

4. ljmueller

ljmueller Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Do you think coach24 has his F150 yet? I sure as hell hope so. Then he can join their forum and really have something to cry about.

5. Nargg

Nargg Rockstar

I've seen this situation before in the past. The problem is not GM, but your dealership. The dealership has control over what they order, and they are perfectly capable of ordering a similar spare to the other 4 tires. But they usually don't to reduce costs so they can make more money on the sale of the vehicle. That is if your dealership cares about what they order, as I've seen so many of them really could care less.

6. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Just thought I'd "resurrect"

7. NCN8ive

NCN8ive Rockstar 100 Posts

Hmmm. I've been educated... I could have sworn that my spare had the same wheel as the 4 on the ground (tire size was a given since I stayed with the factory 17s) and it had been included in the rotations. I just checked, and it has a black steel wheel and the tire doesn't look like it has seen pavement. Kind of surprised me because the '02 that I traded in on this one did have a matching spare tire and wheel.

8. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I am glad you brought this back Adam. I believe I counted this noob taking stabs at 4 stellar members. And I still laugh at the fact someone would think they would get a matching spare on a pick up. Haha!

9. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

not sure what the issue here really is, i havnt read the whole thread, moreso skimmed it, but everyone just needs to relax, everyone is entitlled to their own opinion.

Alex

10. jake's silverado

jake's silverado Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

Why? (Stir the pot @ 2:53 am):rofl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.