2010 Silverado rip off ~ 17" Spare Tire w/ 18" Wheels

Discussion in 'Ask GM Customer Service' started by Coach24, May 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

When one reads posts from adampaul you will see he is very negative and strongly opinionated towards himself and nobody else is good enough for this club..Adampualis a negative influence as is ajarman. Both are akin to the bully on the playground and somehow enjoy putting others down.
    Of course everything in their lives is perfect and they are above all the rest of us.
    That is why adampaul is reposting . Just to cause pandemonium.
    These two are probably responsible for more than their share of chasing members away.

---------- Post added at 02:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 AM ----------

Noob? I still laugh that you would be willing to pay for something you wouldn't receive. Or when someone sells you a cruze instead of a vette, you will simply look under the hood to make sure you get your V8. Well you V8 will be in a 12 ounce can. Stabs at stellar members? please list them for reference. You do know how to do that, right?:neutral::neutral::rofl:

2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Noob. yes, I consider a noob anyone on a TRUCK forum that does not post about trucks or truck issuers but once and that thread is full of fail. Every thread you have started or post you have made is off topic. This is a truck forum. If you are wanting to just shoot the bull there are plenty of other forums out there.

And to the bully comment.....I have no idea where you are getting that from. Did you see me or Adam putting "censored" on our sigs....did you? Would that be a form of bullying?

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It wouldn't if you first PM'd the censor and told that person why you were doing it and indicated you felt it was your civic duty and (this last part is key) that it wasn't personal. And that was, indeed, done, sir.

As for the topic at hand (which seems to be the resurrection of old posts given the revival of this one), I'm with @adampaul1964 on this one in that I don't like the 'clutter' produced by resurrecting old/ancient posts. It's 'clutter' past which we, the forum members, must then read, especially if we have tweaked our settings to only show threads within the last N days/weeks/months.

I know that Steve probably likes it when old posts are bumped or resurrected because it helps this site's Google rankings when threads within it actively live across long windows of time. I suspect Google rankings then help with sponsorship. I know users have, at times, been encouraged to revive old threads, and I have read posts where Steve has done it, himself, too (a la 'let's keep this one going' types of posts he's made). There may be a necessary evil at work here when it comes to getting the site new servers, bandwidth, and the like.

That doesn't make it any more pleasant when an ancient thread is bumped, as it's still 'clutter' to the regulars. It may, however, actually provide some value to newcomers. I'm not sure that bumping this one or a welcome thread do, but hey, people have different opinions on 'value', I guess...

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Coach....I'm just a simple, easy going, forum member here who unfortunately cannot be on several times a week but do pop in and out on a regular basis, even if I do skip a few days at a time. However, when I do log in, I typically see something from you that is negative, flaming in nature, immature, or just plain mean. Since I've watched your "work" here over the past several months, I really haven't said much and rarely contributed/commented to any of your threads or posts, as I've tried to keep my distance for these reasons.

It appears that each time I log back in from being gone a couple of weeks, you are involved in some sort of controversy with some of the best members on this forum....long-time members who have helped build this forum to what it is today. Additionally, it appears to me that you continue to feed into your controversial topics by responding in the way that a 12 year old would respond by taking personal jabs and having a "well if he/she said that then I'm going to say this" mentality. Up to this point, I have reserved judgement as to what your real purpose is here....and although it is only my opinion, I don't really think it has to do with the constructive growth and member involvement that is within the spirit of this forum but more of a troll or someone who is solely trying to increase his post count by whatever means necessary. Again, this is only an opinion based on the interaction that I have seen from you, by my opinion stems from infrequent log-ins, trying to play catch up, and then ALWAYS having to read your irrelevant or flaming posts/threads that seem to be contained in the "new posts" arena; which is also what many new/infrequent members can find easily, read, and make immediate judgement calls.

By now, you've had enough feedback from many members of this forum (veterans and new alike) and I'll agree that some of it has been harsh, but you just don't seem to get it. Adam and Alston are anything but bullies and have been extremely helpful to hundreds of members over the years.....In fact, you are the first person I've heard call them "bullies" or anything close to that nature. If anyone responds to you in a manner that is what you perceive as harsh, maybe it's time to take a good hard look at yourself and your behavior....it could be the sign of a wake-up call versus someone trying to be mean. At this point, I'm not saying your not entitled to your opinion but I would ask that you figure out a better way of expressing yourself....please try in a manner that does not flame or just let subject go when all of the other members don't agree with your position. It's okay to be in the minority or be wrong...it really is. Just learn from it and move on.

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Nice Surreal....I guess you don't understand what "drop it" means. I thought you got the message a few weeks ago, but apparently not. Also, did you read Steve's follow-up tread with parts of it eluding to this topic? If so, maybe you missed one of the key takeaways and that is Mod's do NOT have to explain themselves or their actions to members. This is NOT your civic duty, this is a forum guided by rules and principles. Stop whining, complaining, and/or making statements about expressing your "civic" duty. If don't like the rules, leave....period. I don't know how to be more direct or clearer on the subject.

5. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Nice. Isn't this what you said you would handle differently like not attacking folks in an open forum?

I think you need to read what you wrote over again and see if you believe it is a little hypocritical.

You could have sent me a PM and explained your stance at anytime. I think you suggested this was the proper way, in a previous post.
    I did notice that you have an extreme number of posts which simply say "Welcome" . Trolling?
    Is that what all this is about ? You three are worried about post counts and see my count climbing to your level? If you read earlier post with adam you would see that is not my intention. Though it may be yours.
    Again I ask you to read again what you posted here and see if the words you expect someone to adhere to , have been adhered to by yourself.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Someone putting censored in their sig, bullying? Are you serious?
    Well I see you put up some edited postings , in the process deleting content to make it appear other than it is.
    I really now understand your issues.

6. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You got me, Troll. You really caught me this time. I edit my post just to make it appear one way or another. Man, you are so smart!!

7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Yeah...I've been caught to. I guess being a member of the Welcoming Committee is solely for the purpose of driving post count (according to Coach). If that's what Coach truly thinks the Welcoming Committee's purpose is, then he REALLY doesn't get what the spirit and nature of this forum is. Uh oh...I had an edit too! Oops.

And Coach, I don't have to go back and read any threads from Adam or anyone else I trust. Over the course of time, they have proven themselves over and over again, thus if anything controversial or harsh might have been said (subjectively speaking of course), then they had, without a doubt, a perfectly good reason.

Lastly, my apologies for offending you. I was hopeful that you would understand or see the theme here, but given your last response it's obviously still eluding you. I did not PM you as I wanted others to see that this perspective has been relayed to you and that you have been asked to adapt your responses accordingly. You can choose to ignore my recommendation but then at what point will you get tired of always having to get involved in these types of situations? Since you joined, it's been one battle after another for you. I would think you would either get tired of fighting with various members or you would look introspectively and ask "could I be doing something different to positively enhance mine and others' experience?" You continue to choose the former (battling it out), which is baffling to me.

Say your peace/response one last time if you like on this thread, as this is the last post of mine regarding this topic. I've invested enough time and if you don't get it by now, there is nothing more I or probably anyone can say that will open your mind to the possibility that you could be doing things differently.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  8. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

This thread should have been squashed last year. It shows I've really slacked on what kind of dialog I will let slide on here. Right out of the gate this thread went to the dogs. From the very time I became moderator here, I never allowed anything like this to take place. Over the years I guess I set back and let the other mods deal with a lot of the issues. So I take a small amount of responsibility for this thread even existing to this day.

I like to think that one of the reasons that this site is held in a higher regard compared to other similar sites is because from the start we never put up with this kind of nonsense, thereby setting the tone for what was expected from our members.

This thread was essentially dead, and could have been left alone to slowly wither and rot in the archives in due time. However, for whatever reason, which completely evades me is that it was resurrected, and not just for anything constructive, but to stir the pot as was so aptly put in a previous post.

Going forward to all members, "Please do not resurrect a thread unless you have something worthwhile to contribute."

Whatever grievance you have with each other, settle it behind closed doors and out of the public content. If that's unclear to anyone, this means do so via Private Message.

Let me make this abundantly clear, this is not the kind of dialog I want to see on this site, especially from seasoned members. I do not expect anyone to walk on eggshells and play all nicey-nice for the sake of appearances. I understand that people will clash and disagreements will happen. However there is nothing forcing anyone to post in any given thread at any given time. Do as your mothers may have told you, "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all." If you as a member feel someone is out of line we do have a "report" button. Get to know it. Use it if needed.

Some of you may have noticed Steve's recent message regarding management of the site. As part of changes to the site, we were looking at a select few people who could become future moderators on the board. Some of those people we have listed participated in this flame fest, and depending on Steve's take of the situation may have excluded yourselves from that list now.

This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.