2010 Silverado slight hesitation on accel.

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by bechis1, May 7, 2011.

1. bechis1

bechis1 New Member

5.3 V8 with 6-speed auto, 3.42 locking differential, towing package - 4500 miles on odometer.

When coasting to slow down and then hitting the gas to speed up, there is a consistent 1 to 2 second delay before the engine responds and finally goes. This is annoying and not like my 2003 Silverado that responded nearly instantly, like a fuel injected engine was intended to.

Took it to the dealer twice and they did the usual computer checks, etc. with no faults. Service manager said "this is normal, my Silverado does the exact same thing". Guess I'll rethink buying a Chevy next time.

Does anyone have a similar issue and any suggestions for fixing it? Aftermarket chips?

Thanks.
    Bruce.

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club, Bruce. Its in the computer, a combination of fly-by-wire throttle and traction control. Most of the aftermarket tuners are working on it. Hang in there.

3. bechis1

bechis1 New Member

Thanks, I figured it was by wire, which means it can be changed. Can't wait!

B.

4. kbar

kbar New Member

That hesitation can be removed. I have a 2007 with the 6.0. I recently got a black bear tune. The hesitation was removed, the speed limiter was removed. The truck really performs better and without 8.9 or 9.1 gas. I went with the 8.7 octane tune. The live tune ($250) was great.

5. IronBear

IronBear New Member

Hello,

I have the same issue with my truck. It's a 2010 Silverado Z-71 LT Crew Cab with the apperance package, 5.3L engine. It only hesitates when it's warm, after take off from a stop. It's driving me crazy lol. I thought it was bad gas or something.

My truck has close to 45K miles, it's been great but I would like to know what others are doing to fix the issue, and even gain more performance.Th

Thank you

6. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Sounds like its the AFM acting up again...slowing down it usually goes to V4 and once you punch the gas a "slight" hesitation will follow...thats why i disabled it!...feels like a "normal" truck now

7. IronBear

IronBear New Member

How do you disable the active fuel management?

8. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

9. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I disabled it using a Diablo Sport Predator..."most" programmers should have that

10. IronBear

IronBear New Member

Thank you both Jimmy and ChevyBoy. I figured I would start with SCT first. My truck is all stock so hopefully they have something for me.

Thanks,
    Pete