1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2010 Silverado used to tow camper....switch to synthetic AT fluid/gear oil???

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by tmathews, Jun 10, 2012.

1. tmathews

tmathews New Member

Hi all!! I'm new to the forum and have a question. I have a 2010 Silverado LT with the 6.2 and towing package that I use mainly to tow our 30' camper. Would it be to my advantage to switch my AT fluid and gear oil to a synthetic? If so, what would be my best choice for those? I all ready use Amsoil for my engine oil....man that stuff is expensive!

Thanks in advance for all your knowledgable input.
    Tom

2. Chris Miller

Chris Miller Rockstar 100 Posts

Just use whatever the manufacturer recommends. I switched my transmission fluid for Mobil-1 and it shaved about 30 horsepower off. Ended up flushing and refilling with the regular stuff. That was a lot of money gone. x.x

3. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Just use Mobil 1 in the rear diff...thats all i use is Mobil 1...use manuf. trasmission fluid its pretty good stuff