1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2010 Silverado with strange symptoms

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by SoCalSilverodder, Feb 22, 2012.

1. SoCalSilverodder

SoCalSilverodder New Member

I have a 2010 crew 4x2 silverado 5.3 with the AFM, 29k miles. Some issues y'all can hopefully help me out with:

1) I get 15.5 mpg according to DIC regardless of highway or city. I baby it to death and I have a very light foot. Is this normal mpg?
    2) It shifts in and out of 4 cyl mode constantly in traffic under 35 mph and sometimes I have to depress the accelerator 1/4 down to get it to go back to 8 cyl. On occassion, when it switches, it makes a chunking noise. I can only explain the sound like going over a cattle grate at highway speed (I live in SoCAl now but grew up in the country, hehehe). Are these normal conditions for the AFM?
    3) When Im at part throttle, I hear a buzzing sound from under the dash or in the tranny tunnel. It goes away when I ease up on the throttle and/or accelerate harder. Any suggestion where this might be coming from?

I had an 07 with zero issues and 18 mpg. Traded in hoping for a better experience.

Please help with your comments and suggestions and hopefully I can solve these issues and keep this one for the long haul. :(
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Double thread...Mod, please remove.
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  3. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

what does your dealer say?
    it should be a warrantable check