2010 Silverado WOT Sluggish

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Gatorfan71, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Gatorfan71

Gatorfan71 New Member

I am sure the nnbs silverado owners can agree the take off on wot on our trucks is bs. I am currently tuning it with HPTuners. I have removed all the Traction control, torque managements and Power Enrichment Delays i can find and no improvement still. Has anyone tuned a NNBS and got a successful good tune on it?

2. JennaBear

JennaBear Rockstar 100 Posts

There is plenty to be had on the 2010s. What engine and transmission are you working with?

3. Gatorfan71

Gatorfan71 New Member

4.8l engine and the 4l80e tranny..

4. JennaBear

JennaBear Rockstar 100 Posts

You won't see as much as some of the larger engines, especially if you have smaller gears. Keep tinkering with the program, there are a lot of tables to mess with.

5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Also a lot of the issue is the electric throttle on these trucks. I know that Edelbrock was making a faster response throttle body for the 03-06 body style due to the same issue. And with my 06 with the 5.3L i had the 3.42 rear ratio and the truck was kinda a dog right off the line. however the truck was a rcoket once it was above 10mph.. But they do make bolt on parts to make the motor more responsive to haul the mail.

6. TURBO2

TURBO2 New Member

Yes it is horrible, and it is because of your drive by wire throttle not opening your throttle plate to the wide open position like a traditional cable accuated throttle would. The good news is that you can work around it! I'm a newbie here so I don't know what the rules are on putting a link to a website (I don't want to get banned on my first day).